Is this a good ChiefArchitect system?

ADallas

I know this has been discussed before, but I'm looking at a new computer and I wonder if anything raises any red flags for more knowledgeable users:

Dell 5820: i9 10 core, 3.7 GHz

Windows 11 Pro

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, 12 GB, 3 DP, HDMI

16GB RAM

Ref: 

I think I would plan on adding more RAM if you run other software with Chief or have multiple monitors.  You could likely get away with 24 but Chief recommends 32 MB and minimum of 1TB SSD even though Chief recommends 512 MB.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jasonn1234 said:

i'd go for more memory. I only really run CA and word/excel, screen recorder, windows stuff on my machine on Win 10 and it is at 14GB. it all adds up

If you open multiple instance of edge or even worst Chrome , they can eat a lot of Ram , I average 7-10 GB  , though I do have 32GB on my Desktop

I only have 16GB on my Laptop and don't notice a difference but if the budget is there go 32GB , I went 16GB n the laptop after seeing some of MarkMc comments on his test with Chief , knowing I could get more later if needed ( and likely cheaper than some companies charge for the upgrade )

M.

@MarkMc

PM sent Alastair

My "Like New (Refurbished)" Dell purchased September 2016 ($719.00 out the door - those were the days, eh?) is still plugging along. The only upgrades I've done to it is a Samsung 960 EVO NVMe PCIe 500GB SSD and an EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB. I know, time for a new PC!

• Upvote 1