Stem walls,

JasonJFBdesign

Hi All,

I'm trying to amend the height of the Stem walls! this is the wall between the footing and the external wall of the house. I also tried Foundation walls but can't seem to find how to amend this element of the design. 

Can anyone led me towards where is the location to amend the heights of these? image.thumb.png.8442a3ff4bb9310fb80d9c2171dc5e65.png

11 hours ago, JasonJFBdesign said:

Hi All,     Can anyone led me towards where is the location to amend the heights of these? 

Typically the 1st time they build they use the Foundation Default Settings , which you can preset in the Plan Defaults

and then you can use Build>Floor>Build Foundation or just set it up there the 1st time, if heights are different in different areas

you can also edit the Foundation level (0) as Chopsaw mentioned via the Stem Wall setting or from the 1st level but in a house

with all the interior walls in already that may not be the best option.

* warning -- letting the Auto foundation build automatically will delete all previous work manual or auto....which may not be an issue but could wipe out a fully developed basement for example....

image.thumb.png.dcaee4531ffb0de326dfc82d94960b6b.png

M.

thankyou for your responses, 
so I'd already set the defaults to lower than what the stem was is displaying as. even if I change it lower now it doesn't change the height of the stem wall. 
I've also attempted to go into the Room specification dialogue box to change the stem wall height there. however the box for stem wall is greyed out and won't let me amend. image.thumb.png.a7281466ee98a4cd37fd6b2a47293cc7.png    image.thumb.png.a545feefd98ac47b383782c6475159ac.png

Your OP Pic shows a Foundation, so I am not sure why the DBX would be greyed out unless you had deleted the Foundation at this point? as that pic doesn't show a Foundation in the preview either , but the foundation won't rebuild with Automatically Rebuild turned off (2nd pic , 2nd post) at the Top.

M.

4 hours ago, glennw said:

Check to make sure your foundation is forming a room.

Go down to the foundation plan and try selecting the foundation room.

If you can't select a room, look for unjoined walls.

Thats the mistake I was making. I was trying to change the foundation from a room on the first level and I needed to be on the foundation leve and then it worked great.