Terrain Sea Level Grade Heights Issue

ionkin_DESIGN

Been having A time to set terrain elevation to 60.58m as a base, so i can set proper grade as per " Specific walkout lot detail) in the plan reference. I've watched all the videos I could find on this and tried to get it to work with no success. I am trying to set terrain elevations and building TOJ elevation to "Specific walkout lot detail". If I have a baseline set properly then i can input metric elevations for heights. I still want to have main floor TOJ as 0 for building story pole elevations.

3. How can I have elevation points show on plot plan as points on elevation line? 

Any suggestions would be great to what I am doing wrong with the terrain sea level elevations. 

Plot Plan T5.plan

You may need to clarify exactly what you are doing or trying to do as this is a Plan done in the Imperial Template  , not Metric

so I don't think it is possible to show the Contours in Meters automatically.

A new one perhaps in X14, ( or I never tried it before, not sure? ) is if you enter Elevation Data in Meters

( add m to all measurements ) the Label seems to hold/remember meters not feet so perhaps you can turn

off the Auto Contour Labels and draw you own contours at the req'd heights.

image.thumb.png.36f34903006d6f18e8f391cdfec6d822.png 

the Storey Pole can use Meters if needed though......... or vice versa in a Metric Template it could use Feet/Inch

image.thumb.png.cd032a1df8bedd459b6f69ff462148b1.png

Here is the terrain i am trying to create: 

I would like to set terrain at 60.88m as the height point of elevation

Input surveyor property line points.

Having difficulty setting terrain elevation heights from surveyor given points as elevation lines and elevation regions have only one elevation value input. Need help creating terrain from the given various elevation heights.

All grade elevations at the building had to be calculated manually. I was hoping these values can be displayed automatically after terrain is built and building is set. I thinks i am asking too much from the chief...  

Glennw: you are on the right track. I am trying to set terrain at 60.88m so i can input give terrain values without calculating the differences for each, but need the story pole dimensions of main floor TOJ to start at 0, so the terrain elevations aren't used in building heights dimensions.

Kbird: I use imperial template so the building can be dimensioned in ft-in units, but our building department works in metric units, hence i am trying to create plot plan in metric units and keep the rest in imperial. I will play with turning off elevation labels...

image.thumb.png.ec0780faf7babb5b64c4a87b94224a04.png

Set your Subfloor Height above Sea Level here: 

image.thumb.png.edb44d5df890012a970027b1b1301f28.png

That should allow you to build your terrain based on real elevations.  If you leave it at 0 then all your site elevations are based on values below the subfloor with no real sea level reference.

Then when you need to do your story pole you can enter the same value there to bring the subfloor back to story pole 0 as Glenn referenced above.

6 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Set your Subfloor Height above Sea Level here: 

image.thumb.png.edb44d5df890012a970027b1b1301f28.png

That should allow you to build your terrain based on real elevations.  If you leave it at 0 then all your site elevations are based on values below the subfloor with not real sea level reference.

Then when you need to do your story pole you can enter the same value there to bring the subfloor back to story pole 0 as Glenn referenced above.

That is what I did above too.....  but in this case you just need to place those Points and and enter their Elevation as Meters.

image.thumb.png.a01d5ff6ef4ef3c587ae7835a09f8db9.png image.thumb.png.9e40db1324c62b5d6bb1a25f77354f82.png

16 hours ago, glennw said:

I am having trouble following your post but I think this setting may help.

Can you reword your post so that it reads a bit clearer.

SIDE NOTE:
It would be nice if we had Audo Fill defaults. Unless we do and I just dont know how it works.

10.png.94f38c2633d7a640f22d43dc96770418.png

49 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

Kbird: I use imperial template so the building can be dimensioned in ft-in units, but our building department works in metric units, hence i am trying to create plot plan in metric units and keep the rest in imperial. I will play with turning off elevation labels...

Placing some of these Corner Points in Meters seems to work fine for me ...... you will need to play with Distance from subfloor to Grade mentioned above as Chief Uses the Center of the Building . and you can't set a Datum such as 60.68m to reference.

I didn't place them all but it seems fine..... ( may need manual Labels/text boxes to display elevations for the Points....) 

image.thumb.png.ebbc03e559146d7dbfc54da45b41810c.pngimage.thumb.png.edf1f64beaa67240ad44d3f96211312d.png

7 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

I seem to have issues with references.. Nice CROWN is what i get when elevations points are set.

image.thumb.png.e622d6c2fb23d0f070e54c80d0adc471.png

image.thumb.png.8f932233f2b41ab4b601220f8c24aaff.png

You need to place ALL the points not just the ones on the 4 Corners of the Lot ....

In the Terrain Spec. you can turn off the auto labels ( numbers ) or un-display the contours entirely

or just space them at 1m instead of 1 ft too.

and it may still be a little "pillowy" as Chief's Terrain is like a BIG Waterbed :)  push down in one area

and it will pop up in another.... and vica versa....  most don't use points in Chief it at all possible as they

are much harder to work with and control the Terrain.

It seems Chief has removed this PDF from the KB for some reason but it may help you understand the "Waterbed" a bit better........

PDF : Terrain_how-chief-architect-interprets-terrain-lines.pdf

Mick.

20 minutes ago, ionkin_DESIGN said:

How do i get left to right slopes to work with elevation lines and material regions?

Don't drag them full width of the lot .......

copy in place and drag one copy each way to the sides and lower/raise ONE as needed to slope across ...Chief will smooth the terrain between the two.

M.