Text printing in X14 slightly larger than X13

CARMELHILL

Has anyone noticed that text is printing slightly larger in X14 than it was in X13? I only use Arial font to print 3/16" and 3/32" main text. I measured my 3/16" printed text and it's printing at 1/4".

I have a bunch of construction details that now have text running out of the viewport. I also have some text has started to wrap in X14 when it didn't in X13.

On the bright side, X14 handles sheets with large amounts of text a lot faster and snappier than X13 did.

12 hours ago, glennw said:

At a wild guess, for rich text, it may be worthwhile checking the status of the Cad Style Font Sizing setting to see what happens.

Rich Text Specification>Options>Size

Checked it,

Same settings as X13.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, in X14 all the text (including dimension measurements) are slightly larger, and the border widths of the text are a little different as well, but the big issue is when using "Chief Arch save as PDF".  It really messes with the font.  I've had to change to another pdf printer to solve.  You can see the differences attached.  The x14 pdf, the letters & numbers are all crowded together, making it a little difficult to read, even covering up the room dimensions a little.

And what's strange is, it doesn't look like this in the plan or layout views, only after using the X14 Chief save as PDF option.

What I've always liked about the Chief pdf printer is the file size is smaller than other pdf printers I've used.

OTHER PDF PRINTER.jpg

CHIEF X14 PDF PRINTER.jpg

1 hour ago, Keifuz said:

What I've always liked about the Chief pdf printer is the file size is smaller than other pdf printers I've used.

Hmmm , exact opposite experience here in fact I use TurboPDF4 or BullZip to sometime 1/2 the size of the PDF.    ( handy if there is a need to email at times )

image.thumb.png.69032cc8b79d65bab31616965623a4de.png

Wonder if that is a MAC vs PC thing? 

you haven't done your Forum Sig , so I can't tell though.

Mick.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone who submitted a bug have an update on this?  I've been waiting to upgrade for this very issue.  Based on Chief updates and change logs, I assumed it was fixed.  So I upgraded and bam, spacing issues all over the place on our notes page.  I am not using Chief Blueprint font.  My screen scale is at 100%.  Not going to upgrade all my machines until this is fixed or a solution provided without me having to redo all my notes.  So, not fixed yet.

I don't think it was fixed. My blueprints definitely look different. I use standard Arial font and the font just looks different on the page.

Instead of waiting I wanted to move forward. So I ran through all our notes and details and did the old standard....

grab all text

nudge left once

nudge right back to original position

reposition any wandering text that overlaps

It REALLY sucks when you open a client file from 3 years ago.

Ugh, ok, thanks for the update.  This one really baffles me...how could this leave beta. If I were beta testing (used to beta years ago), it would be my first first bug report, and I'm sure it was submitted.  I'll submit to tech support so I can get an official response and update. I'll report back. Thanks again.

Response from chief:

This appears to be related to an issue we've been seeing in X14 with certain fonts that aren't default to Windows. This issue is what's causing the additional spacing between the lines when using that font.

Our development team is aware of the issue and are working towards a fix, which we hope to see in a future update to the program. Until then, the only workarounds I can suggest are to either change the font to something like Arial, which fixes the spacing, or set a custom line spacing in the Rich Text Specification to about 85%, which gets close to the original spacing in X13

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed a significant difference in menu text size from X13 to X14. I bring this up in this thread because I think it is related to the printing text. I work on a 15" screen so the larger text size feels much less comfortable. Additionally, many menu boxes now require a scroll bar, which adds an extra second to each time I have to navigate through object menus and whatnot. See the attached image showing the difference between the preferences menu in X14 (left) and X13 (right).

image.thumb.png.a8204618f83b25ef1cd416ec261cdaa0.png

One of the unmentioned updates in X14 is that the GUI / Interface now FULLY follows your Windows/Mac Font Settings, whereas previously the menus etc used a fixed Font size I also noticed this immediately.

And pls......

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick.