Flush Eave Material Solved!!

robdyck

Chief will not properly clad a flush eave correctly unless.....(wait for it)...the exterior wall has at least 2 exterior layers!! This should be addressed because 1 exterior layer should be enough!!

With 1 Exterior Layer:image.thumb.png.1af9acbce11b010c6e8ac0b22d39bb7d.png

With 2 Exterior Layers:image.thumb.png.936b046b4711ce04c39da1136a002e36.png

And while they're at it, update gable soffit and eave soffit mapping. Give option for them to be in either the same direction or like it is done in most cases rotated 90 degrees from one another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 11:39 AM, robdyck said:

Chief will not properly clad a flush eave correctly unless.....(wait for it)...the exterior wall has at least 2 exterior layers!! This should be addressed because 1 exterior layer should be enough!!

With 1 Exterior Layer:image.thumb.png.1af9acbce11b010c6e8ac0b22d39bb7d.png

With 2 Exterior Layers:image.thumb.png.936b046b4711ce04c39da1136a002e36.png

I just ran across the same problem. You solved it by adding a second layer to the exterior of your wall? Doesn't that create more problems elsewhere?

Just now, AndrewSopher said:

I just ran across the same problem. You solved it by adding a second layer to the exterior of your wall? Doesn't that create more problems elsewhere?

It can but, generally no it wouldn't.  I added a layer of housewrap with a thickness of 0".

I just don't like adding '0' thickness layers unless I need them for a material list. It just makes the model more complex than necessary.

I've informed Chief that this is a bit silly.

37 minutes ago, robdyck said:

It can but, generally no it wouldn't.  I added a layer of housewrap with a thickness of 0".

I just don't like adding '0' thickness layers unless I need them for a material list. It just makes the model more complex than necessary.

That is a weird bug, I will give that a try. Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 2:54 AM, robdyck said:

That is a very strange bug, and I will experiment with that.

dumb ways to die

that's a good thing

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2023 at 7:37 AM, HHDesign said:

How do I get Chief to do this style of bird box to begin with?  I tried doing to separate roof planes, one with boxed eave on and one flush eave on, but it just has a hole there instead of filling in with the wall or eave material. 

image.thumb.png.7249fe5f47973382fd57c1ea93bf7b24.png

try this setting in the Roof Plane DBX...........

image.thumb.png.be66877ad60eda968bdd8fc5c5d8ae4f.png

M.