Dimensioning question

PMMully

X13: I have a plan that is a full blueprint of an existing home for multiple renovations. As a result there are many dimensions. The work will be performed in phases requiring separate plan viewpoints focusing on the work included in any one permit. What I want to do is turn off all dimensions in a plan except those that are focused on the permit work. An example is moving one structural wall in a 2-story house. I just need 2-3 dimensions to show the wall movement as the floor plan is not significant as compared to the engineering detail. But I want to retain all the dimensions for the rest of the plan.

What is the fastest way to achieve this? I looked at the various layer sets and layer set control of dimension types. What would be great is to turn off all dimensions, add my manual, point2point, end2end, etc., but they all appear to be associated with the core dimensions layer versus granularity of these types.

The reference guide is not giving me any real ideas. Am I missing some control here? Or, is the answer just to put a few dimensions on their own layer (assuming that can be done).

TIA = Thanks in Advance!

Edited by PMMully

3 hours ago, PMMully said:

;)  Figured as much, thanks everyone. I have learned over time how much power is contained in this forum, which is why I always double-check my thoughts with yall.

Dedicated Layersets will work as will Saved Plans Views with a dedicated Layerset/ Dimension Default eg Permit 1 , Permit 2 assigned to the SPV

you just need to be very conscious of what Layerset / SPV you are in when placing Dims to ensure they go to the correct Layer.

M.