Exporting Point Markers

QualicoreHomes

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with exporting Point Markers.  I have a building that needs to get imported into a TopCon Total station.  I put Point Markers at each building corner and at the center of the sonotube columns.  Problem is, when exporting the file in a DXF format and imported into the total station the Point Markers become to separate lines and we lose the center point of the Point Marker.  Is there something else that I should be using to get point references in the total station?

Thanks for any help!

Yes I believe so as I am not sure if chief exports the right information as DXF.

I have another client that does the same sort of work and uses a CSV text file to load into the Total Station.

I could send you a sample to test if you like.  Or check the manual and see what the formatting should be for your model.

I developed a very simple to use, tried and true method for this a while back very specifically for use with Total Stations.  The required 2D point data can literally be placed, compiled, and exported in about the same time it took me to type up this response.  It just requires a small starter kit and some basic instructions.  
https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/25158-importing-points-into-a-ascii-format-for-total-station/?do=findComment&comment=202515

• 1 year later...