Imported PDF

creatrix

You could use the Screen Capture tool to create a material from the Imported PDF then apply to the wall or a p-solid.  Enlarge it on your screen though so you capture as many pixels as possible to increase the resolution.

12 minutes ago, creatrix said:

I've made a mess. I'm just going to ask support because I've got so many issues and have no idea why — not feeling LOL but what else to do?!

You can always post your plan file here when tech support is closed.

Thanks Dermot! Something seems to be going wrong with my screenshot when I bring it in as a material. It isn't showing up on the teapot?

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

You can always post your plan file here when tech support is closed.

My zip is too large. How do I get it smaller?

3 minutes ago, creatrix said:

My zip is too large. How do I get it smaller?

Sorry they reduced the limit.  You either have to delete some unnecessary stuff from a copy of your plan file or upload the file to your cloud account and post the link to the file here.

Just now, Chopsaw said:

Sorry they reduced the limit.  You either have to delete some unnecessary stuff from a copy of your plan file or upload the file to your cloud account and post the link to the file here.

Ok, I'll see what I can do!

Here is a plan and some info.

1. I found a rug by asking Ms. Google (pronouns unknown)

1593320387_Screenshot2022-05-11191002.thumb.jpg.06b9f38d4e0520c47480e621de53a7a0.jpg

2. I cropped to clean up and checked the image size in Photoshop for the proper proportions of my poly solid to paste it to.

2106131988_imagesizeinps.thumb.jpg.48c02b0fcb716bf57ef663cb4a74f747.jpg

1745111867_planview.thumb.jpg.66cb368b1729ec347ea9090b3bfb9c49.jpg

3. I built some stuff in CA like the rail and the card for the rug then I sized the card for the rug to the proportions to match the image

1119238101_interiorelevation.thumb.jpg.b402d238625747a3bffbba0b672bcd74.jpg

4. Then I made a texture

1064907094_makeanewmaterial.thumb.jpg.e7f9568d2bf7ecf7f2245ec98043c965.jpg1536672667_textureapplied.thumb.jpg.97a63d1b0f86f9b08f74d5012f17c0ed.jpg

5. Then I ate some chips and there are crumbs in the keyboard

451829827_3dview.thumb.jpg.48326f6feef73ec5a15cf8a359ae4a5c.jpg

After viewing it in 3d I made a little bend at the top of the rug to make it appear to drape over the top of the rail.

View your project in the plan view to make sure it is not askew.

rugged.plan

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, creatrix said:

And why is it cut off in my camera view?

That seems like it is most likely a result of drawing the p-solid in elevation view when the elevation camera is not square to the wall so either the wall is not straight or the camera slipped when placing it so check the wall angle and you can't adjust an elevation camera so if it of out of wack you will need to replace it and make sure angle snaps are on when you do it and it will be much easier.

Ah, you all are the best! I am looking at all of your suggestions and will sally forth again tomorrow.

Yes glennw, I backed up and used the zip file but still 20/6 MB not 14 (seems very small!).

Wow gawdzira, your steps are incredibly helpful; however, when I make a material of the rug in the library, no image shows up in the teapot! I gather when you say card for the rug, you used a polyline solid? But again, I'm not able to paint a texture in the solid.

I understand your first comment better now chopsaw in terms of the camera angle but still lost in terms of either getting the screenshot to sit on top of the rail or an the rug image in a solid so that I can put it on top of the rail. And I haven't figured out how to make a copy of the plan in order to input a smaller sized file. Though it may seem I'm hopeless, I persevere . . .

22 minutes ago, creatrix said:

And I haven't figured out how to make a copy of the plan in order to input a smaller sized file.

File > Save As > and give it a new name then edit that copy and take out fixtures and furnishings that are not needed.

You might also need to post the PDF if you were unable to create a material from it.

You can have a look in Alan's plan file unless he posted it as X14.

At this step in the process, you can navigate to the image file anywhere on your computer. Take a look at the settings on the texture in my file. It is important that you check the radio button "Stretch to Fit". That is why you sized your card to the image proportions.

image.thumb.png.22d47b105eebb328ed0ffd8a803a8b34.png

8 hours ago, creatrix said:

no image shows up in the teapot

Your teapot is maybe on vector view instead of standard or PBR.  Since your new texture does not have a "PATTERN" associated with it you are not seeing it...

One reason I keep on Alyn, is because the learning process is exquisite (as well as painful!).

Very cool Ryan, I didn't know about Vector etc. views. I now have the navajo on the teapot but still doesn't show up in my polyline solid?

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 6.07.41 PM.png

42 minutes ago, creatrix said:

I didn't know about Vector etc. views. I now have the navajo on the teapot but still doesn't show up in my polyline solid?

There is still a little more to learn about vector views because it needs to be standard view to see it on the teapot and it also follows the same rules in the plan as your elevation view appears to be vector which is normal so have a look in a standard render perspective view.  You can switch your elevation camera to standard view but remember to switch it back.