Exterior Door Placement in the jamb.

ValleyGuy

Is there a way to place an in-swing exterior door in the proper position - near the exterior of the wall depth? The thickness of the wall (ie. ICF is about 12" thick, 2x6 plus OSB plus foam plus rain screen plus horizontal girt plus vertical boards plus battons .... you get the idea) will have a deep furring box and that will not allow the door to open more than about 90-92 degrees in the real world. I need to show that in the 2D and 3D and do not see where I can adjust it. I do not want to inset the jamb, I want to leave the jamb as you would install it physically: a 6 5/8" jamb to the outside of the wall with the hinges mid way through to the interior casing. The door build out spans the wall thickness and will then impede the door swing, the thicker the wall = the fewer degrees the slab will open. How do I adjust the placement of the slab in relation to the jamb? This probably isn't the first time this has been asked, is there a place that I can find this information, I'm coming up empty.

X13 Premier

553127803_DoorHingeIssue.thumb.png.ec0b9dc412968b5128dfc365d568afb1.png

1560905233_InswingDoorHingePlacement.thumb.png.b9dbd930047805c2e4c7d6b827345b98.png

Thanks Alan, this is the idea I am looking for. I agree, hopefully there is an easier way.

It's too bad that the slab didn't have an adjustment like the sash does in a window. The window frame stays put but you can adjust the glass panel placement by the inset of the sash.