Adjusting Monolithic footing in the Wall Definition Menu

RobWhite

I am having a problem setting the conc footing for my external wall using the wall definition menu. Attached is the screen print of the wall definition. Wall setting where the adjustments determined.

Having viewed the training video I think my setting are correct but section is not updating correctly.

The section view shows the hatched area where I want footings to adjust to, but the hatched area is cad drawn, not auto generated. I have tried both positive and negative ledge depth & foundation offset, but either way nothing changes.

Am I missing something.

I am still using CA X13, I have created a new wall definition to eliminate any corruption of past update immigration

Any suggestion? 

1382779022_WallDefinitionMenu-adjustingMonolithicfootings.thumb.jpg.65dc57b436efc789209404bfa18bce5b.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RobWhite said:

I am having a problem setting the conc footing for my external wall using the wall definition menu. Attached is the screen print of the wall definition. Wall setting where the adjustments determined.

Having viewed the training video I think my setting are correct but section is not updating correctly.

The section view shows the hatched area where I want footings to adjust to, but the hatched area is cad drawn, not auto generated. I have tried both positive and negative ledge depth & foundation offset, but either way nothing changes.

Am I missing something.

I am still using CA X13, I have created a new wall definition to eliminate any corruption of past update immigration

Any suggestion? 

1382779022_WallDefinitionMenu-adjustingMonolithicfootings.thumb.jpg.65dc57b436efc789209404bfa18bce5b.jpg

Change your build platform to layer 1 or 2 not 4 and not sure if the offset will actually build a brick ledge like you show.  

1 hour ago, RobWhite said:

Am I missing something.

Any suggestion? 

Not sure if this is a quirk or not but....

Move the Inner Brick layer to the Interior Side and make a 0" thickness Main layer ( Air Gap ) and then

on the Footing you can do a MINUS Offset (50mm?)  but again a quirk in that chief will raise the footing

outside the Wall up to the height of the bottom of the Slab , not the bottom of the Brick ledge.

End result is maskable etc in Cross sections easily enough though.

image.thumb.png.797da3e59ec77303aaee622d9db4728f.png   image.thumb.png.dfd975fc1aeced6941969a8690d13406.png

image.thumb.png.01c39dfeac4713f23b3201b2c5cc2d8d.png     image.thumb.png.105d47e78c5b6f8a5a2d6240efbeb4ce.png

Mick.