My railing is sticking out of sloped ceiling

chiefwinnie25

18 minutes ago, chiefwinnie25 said:

The 2nd floor has a negative ceiling height.  Set it to 1.5" rough so the rafters/trusses sit on a sill plate as it would be built I.R.L.

Then set your railing to balloon frame in the structure panel.  Remove Newel posts as mentioned in the other posts.

image.thumb.png.ee786b87dd7f36da8bcaf96ac230441e.pngimage.thumb.png.27ef3241ad0e1506e6ba4ca34e2d65a6.png

BTW.  Not good practice to manually adjust wall heights and that is your issue with other artefacts in your plan.  You can fix that by selecting all the walls and making sure default top and bottom wall heights are selected on the structure panel of the wall dbx.

Another tip is to fill out your signature so we know what software and hardware you are working with.  In this case I was able to see the x13 in the picture but gets you more help when you put that in your signature so everyone can see it and respond appropriately.

Hope this all helps.

• Upvote 1

Hello solver and rgardner I appreciate your time and your solutions. Unfortunately I tried your advice and reset to default settings to adjusted my walls to my proper heights. I also adjusted my walls and floors all at once. I had adjusted my ceiling height to 1.5 for my rafters to be set on my sill plates. I have also adjusted in structure balloon through ceiling above, and unselected draw newels. I am still having the issue of the railing sticking through my ceiling is there another step that I am missing? 

4 minutes ago, chiefwinnie25 said:

Hello solver and rgardner I appreciate your time and your solutions. Unfortunately I tried your advice and reset to default settings to adjusted my walls to my proper heights. I also adjusted my walls and floors all at once. I had adjusted my ceiling height to 1.5 for my rafters to be set on my sill plates. I have also adjusted in structure balloon through ceiling above, and unselected draw newels. I am still having the issue of the railing sticking through my ceiling is there another step that I am missing? 

Post your plan file again.  Most likely one of the steps was missed or didn't have all the settings saved.

thank you both for your time solver and rgardner. I followed your steps and you guys solved the issue. have a good day. my issue was the railing was shrunk then I had selected in rail style

follow stairs option as well as the instructions that was the issue.

railing .png

railing 2.png