Spiral Stairs Video By Yusuf

yusuf-333

Hey Yusuf,  you crazy Ethiopian,  where is the volume?  Need the volume Buddy.

But liked the vid.  I was able to  follow it.  Surprised that you did not have to use two stairs since the stairs made a complete 360 degree turn.

Nice job,  thanks Yusuf.

Sorry guys tonight I am having troubles with my internet connection, I wasn't able to follow the talk ,but is it ok now I was struggling with posting the link. I don't know how I posted this even. Is it normal this youtube screen in my post.

Hey Scott English is my 99th language. Thought silent cry was  better, anyway I will try it in the future.

Glad if that worked.

Thanks

BTW Yusuf,  you might be quicker than the Moakster using the mouse and the icons....  very very quick.

1.5x the normal speed. Edited the video to decrease uploaded bites. I am using prepaid devise. No one can be fast as such.

OK, I see how it was done, but it's only 360 degrees and the treads are too small to meet code.  The maximum would be 30 degrees and for a 9' floor to floor height it would take 13 treads at 30 degrees to meet the code rise and run requirements.

The bottom line is that this doesn't provide a legal spiral.

That said, it is still an excellent use of Chief's limited capability to do spiral stairs.  For anything up to a full 360 degrees it works.

Bill,

That's interesting but it appears that it's allowing for 9.5" maximum riser heights.  My experience is that 8.5" is maximum.  Maybe there's been a code change that I'm not aware of.  IAE, I try to keep it around 8" just for comfort.

That is interesting, I wonder what the maximum riser height is for a spiral stairs.  I think it is higher than your typical stairs.

OK, so 9-1/2" maximum riser height and 6'6" clear head height.  The minimum Tread of 7-1/2" at 12" from the inside generally means that 30 degree treads must be used.  I can get the 6'6" clearance in most cases with an 8" riser so that's why I tend to use those dimensions.

OK, I see how it was done, but it's only 360 degrees and the treads are too small to meet code.  The maximum would be 30 degrees and for a 9' floor to floor height it would take 13 treads at 30 degrees to meet the code rise and run requirements.

The bottom line is that this doesn't provide a legal spiral.

That said, it is still an excellent use of Chief's limited capability to do spiral stairs.  For anything up to a full 360 degrees it works.

Thanks Joe.

Actually for more than 360 it needs 2 or more stairs should be used. I have posted the plan in earlier thread for discussion and no one has responded I was experimenting on it too. May be I have to look at it to fit with your spec.

Hopefully it works may be I have to make a video for that method too.

I've been trying to use Yusuf's method for a spiral on a current project, but it's just too hard to control the diameter and the degrees of rotation, so I've reverted to Joe's method.

I'd like to see better control of this aspect of stairs in X8.

Bill you are right, joe's method has a very nice control, try it some more you will ways to controll. Actually if you managed to close the 360 then I think no

Problem. Don't forget to make off some snaps like grid,angle snaps .. Or Hold CTRLfor controlled movement too.

Curtis thanks,

Yusuf,

I've got a stair that has eleven, 30 degree segments or 330 degrees total.  I can get it to work, but making minor changes can be disastrous.  I'll play with it more, but is easier and more reliable to use Joe's method for now.

It would be good to be able to specify the degrees of rotation, and the diameter and have them lock.  The segment and the total degree rotation are controlled by the tread depth at the walk line, the stair width, and the number of treads.  It's quite difficult to keep all of the variable under control.

Using Joe's method I've set up plans with Salter's A,B,C, and D configurations, so I can easily create a model  with varying number of treads, and riser heights, with variations of the landing detail.

.....Using Joe's method I've set up plans with Salter's A,B,C, and D configurations, so I can easily create a model  with varying number of treads, and riser heights, with variations of the landing detail.

This is so key,  I too have a "TEMPLATE SPIRAL STAIR PLAN" that I create any new stairs from.  A big time saver.