Fluorescent Lights

tlepird

Does any body know if it is possible to create a fluorescent light that radiates light evenly down it's whole length instead of just from one spot in the middle of the bulb.  I have tried & tried to use the existing fixtures from the library but can;t find a way to get them to radiate light the way a fluorescent light bulb does.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Thanks for your reply Jon.  I have tried adding multiple lamps, but that really complicates trying to select individual lamps for adjustments and it still produces unwanted multiple light cones on the ceiling for each light.  What I want is an even glow down the entire length of the bulb.  This light is located in a recess behind molding mounting in a coffer ceiling feature.  My goal is to produce an even glow accross the entire recesss in the ceiling.

The library fluorescent lights come with a point light source, I would recommend turning off the shadows for these lamps, you should get even lighting . There is nothing to stop you combining other types of lamps nearby, for instance you could use a Fluorescent on the kitchen ceiling , and install under cabinet lamps to give localised down-lighting.