Page Number Macro with a Decimal Point

KnotSquare

Inevitably I need to squeeze in a page. Having decimal point followed by a single digit is a great solution. Framing pages for instance can be S3.0, S3.1, S3.4 and when I need another page for my unknown number of wall framing details I can easily add s3.5 without much work to the Sheet Index. Is this possible? S1.0 is the GSN and S2.- are for foundations. Love to find an answer.

Thanks ahead,

Mark

If all your page numbers appear with a decimal that should not be an issue.   S3.#

Although I think it starts with  " 1 " so try to use S3.0 always and then S3.# for the following pages unless you can skip the " 0 ".

It has to be done manually if only the addons have the decimal place.

This is my first time using layouts. I still produce my working drawings in AutoCAD, importing more and more from CA. You lost me a bit. I inserted the macro: A%page%. Where would I insert the ".#"? Am I using the wrong macro for this? Too simple?

Appreciate your input. If you prefer, please call at 406.497.3666.

Mark

Yes it is a little confusing until you see how it works.  You need to use the Layout Page Specification DBX.

This is mine but your will be similar.

image.thumb.png.1fe1d1b4ba9b53ca6c23a0b0b243a98b.png

Then you can use the %layout.label% and %layout.title% macros in a text box on page 0 of layout.

So the first instance of my Project Overview will be labeled as A-101 and subsequent copies will auto label as A-102, A-103 etc.

Ooh, Ooh! Closer yet. Do you know how to control the first number?

I am getting A1.1 instead of A1.0 - Coversheet, then A1.1 - Architectural Notes, A1.2 - who knows.

Then I will create a set of A2.# for plans and elevations.

Another template for Structural Sheets e.g. S1.0 and on as above.

Then another for MEP and another for schedules, etc. depending on if it is a home or a business.

So far my record is a building at 130 North Main St, Butte, MT 59701. It is the old Hennessy Building, original plans printed in 1895. 6 stories at 16,000 sf per floor plus a basement and 7 levels of underground parking. If there is one thing we know how to do in Butte, it is dig holes.

Thanks for the terrific help. I will continue to get to where the digit after the decimal point can start with zero.

You have been great and Karma shall solve your digital issues.

Mark Farrar

Knot Square Design, LLC

4 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

It may be possible but raises the complexity significantly.  The " # "  is rather special by itself and not sure it can be altered.

Set it up with A1.0 as a fixed number and then the next sheet can be A1.# for now and see how that goes.

• Upvote 1

That sounds like a solid solution. One extra template per category, but it will keep me with a method a PE I went to school with have developed since going out on my own in 1996. He is exclusively AutoCAD.  I don't want to ask him to rewrite his macros to meet Chief's deficiencies. They are getting better. Loving X14 so far.

15 hours ago, KnotSquare said:

I am getting A1.1 instead of A1.0 - Coversheet, then A1.1 - Architectural Notes, A1.2 - who knows.

Then I will create a set of A2.# for plans and elevations.

Another template for Structural Sheets e.g. S1.0 and on as above.

Then another for MEP and another for schedules, etc. depending on if it is a home or a business.

So far my record is a building at 130 North Main St, Butte, MT 59701. It is the old Hennessy Building, original plans printed in 1895. 6 stories at 16,000 sf per floor plus a basement and 7 levels of underground parking. If there is one thing we know how to do in Butte, it is dig holes.

Thanks for the terrific help. I will continue to get to where the digit after the decimal point can start with zero.

You have been great and Karma shall solve your digital issues.

Mark Farrar

Knot Square Design, LLC

make sure the "0" page, template sheet is not included in the mix and not the first page. to do this just uncheck "included in page layout" in the page info.