custom truss webbing not showing in framing camera

armfx89

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

Hello

I made a saltbox garage, with roof pitches 5/12 and 12/12. I need attic trusses but it seems attic trusses can't be automatically generated for this type of roof. Hence I tried to manually edit the webbing of the truss to create an attic space. However the custom webbing doesn't show in 3D Framing view but just the envelope.

custom attic truss.jpg

3d framing view.PNG

Saltbox Garage.plan

• Solution
1 hour ago, armfx89 said:

Hence I tried to manually edit the webbing of the truss to create an attic space. However the custom webbing doesn't show in 3D Framing view but just the envelope.

As Gene is suggesting it may well be possible to auto generate that condition but I have not tried.  When manually editing trusses you can't use a "General Framing Member" as a structural component of the truss.  You need to copy and modify an existing "Roof Truss Member" from the same truss envelope. General framing members can be used to trim with but will not show in your framing view even if the layer is turned on.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

As Gene is suggesting it may well be possible to auto generate that condition but I have not tried.  When manually editing trusses you can't use a "General Framing Member" as a structural component of the truss.  You need to copy and modify an existing "Roof Truss Member" from the same truss envelope. General framing members can be used to trim with but will not show in your framing view even if the layer is turned on.

Thanks, i'll try that

2 hours ago, armfx89 said:

I made a saltbox garage, with roof pitches 5/12 and 12/12. I need attic trusses but it seems attic trusses can't be automatically generated for this type of roof.

You should be able to get attic trusses if you place the required interior walls and set the ceiling height appropriately.  

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, seanmcl said:

Did you ever find a solution to this. It is EXACTLY what I need to do!

Only the original poster can mark an answer as the "Solution" so if you can't make Michaels solution work give mine a try.