CAD Detail from elevation view not working like it used to

KellySantaRosa

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the full elevation view to show up in my "CAD detail from view" function.  This used to be done easily and essentially the same image  from the elevation would show up in a cad detail window.  See screen shots of the very minimal image that I am now getting when i perform this function.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kelly

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.59.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.59.54 PM.png

2 hours ago, KellySantaRosa said:

I did try "all on set"

Here is a link to the plan file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjp1fuiw9h7xi1o/Janny and Urs.plan?dl=0

Thank you for your help

I think your problem is being caused by the fact your model is about 2 miles from the origin.  I would suggest you used Edit Area (All Floors) to move everything back to 0,0.  I think that should fix your problem.

1 hour ago, KellySantaRosa said:

That didn't work.  My assistant started this file and I think she did something screwy.  She quit so I can't ask her.  It seems to me like there is a setting that is turned to the wrong function.

Try it again.  It should work.  You may want to open the cameras one by one and and reposition them by clicking  Fill Window Building Only, but I tested it out and once the building is back at 0,0, everything works as I would expect.

Great, so the CAD Detail From View works, but when I ask the camera to Back Clip it doesn't show the floor or the foundation.  Please see attached step by step photos and tell me if I am off base.  Also, I moved the drawing to X-0 and Y-0, here is a link to the file as I've got it now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjp1fuiw9h7xi1o/Janny and Urs.plan?dl=0

Thanks,
Kelly

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 3.30.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 3.29.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 3.33.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 3.29.45 PM.png

1 hour ago, KellySantaRosa said:

I would expect to see the foundation and the floor, no?

No.  not really.  You created a backclipped view meaning everything in the background was cut out of the picture.  That just leaves you with whatever is between your camera and the clipping plane.  Since your Cross Section Lines layer was turned off you weren't getting any lines being drawn in those areas.  You're also not seeing any floor framing because the floor hasn't been framed yet (the framing layers aren't turned on either by the way).  And lastly, you want see a fill for your foundation wall unless you either manually create one OR use the Auto Detail tool to create one...and again, the appropriate CAD layer needs to be turned on.