Library Browser Item is 'sticky'

robdyck

There must be a way to prevent the library browser from keeping your last selection active when you toggle between views, but I don't know it. When I search, and then insert something from the Library, then switch from one view to another, that item is active on the cursor, ready to be inserted again at the very next click. I'd love to turn this off but can't find a setting in Preferences for this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

There must be a way to prevent the library browser from keeping your last selection active when you toggle between views, but I don't know it. When I search, and then insert something from the Library, then switch from one view to another, that item is active on the cursor, ready to be inserted again at the very next click. I'd love to turn this off but can't find a setting in Preferences for this.

Can't help you sorry , ......wish I could , this drives me nuts too......  have to get in the habit of hitting Space all the time....

M.

42 minutes ago, robdyck said:

@Kbird1Thanks for nothing!:)

Does it serve any purpose? Who's placing the same library item from one view type to another with any significant quantity? Feature request?

Not than I am aware of ......and is only handy IF you need multiples of the same Item , I'd prefer it auto let go of the Object and if I neded to could select it ofr copy or multicopy as needed. 

Particularly frustrating when you go from Plan to Layout  , eg an Elevation View and a Library note comes into Layout on the cursor and of course the text is all the wrong size so no good anyway.......

M.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Just bumping this Up to see if Rob and I are the only ones with this issue , as I am hoping it is fixed in X15, this was an Issue that came back in X14 after being gone for a version or two and 8 months later it is still driving me nuts every day......

M.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

it is still driving me nuts every day......

Big time! Place a cad block from the library in plan view, switch to layout and your first click places the same block. I bet I press escape a thousand times a day!

1 hour ago, ValleyGuy said:

I agree, my spacebar is going to be the first thing to wear out on my keyboard. It would be great if it auto drops the item between different views.

It used too, always has but we had this issue in X11 or X12 I think ? and it came back in X14 , and none of  the updates have fixed it....

M.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:23 PM, Kbird1 said:

have to get in the habit of hitting Space all the time...

Spacebar doesn’t even work for me. 

I have to first click on the title bar of a window and then hit the spacebar. 

Otherwise, I have sticky library item. 

Maybe it’s a Mac thing?

14 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

Spacebar doesn’t even work for me. 

I have to first click on the title bar of a window and then hit the spacebar. 

Otherwise, I have sticky library item. 

Maybe it’s a Mac thing?

Not sure but maybe how you have your Hot Keys setup up differently too?  ESC should work as well ......

FYI:

Space is "Select Objects"

ESC    is  "Cancel selection/Previous Command"

Mick.