Why are my exterior and interior lights on in camera mode, but not in ray trace?

Treehouse2339

3 hours ago, Treehouse2339 said:

Kbird,

I know that it must be a setting issue.  I have both checked.  In camera view the inside lights show as on and the outside lights are off and the Raytrace show both as off.

I can't remember which version we got UNLIMITED Lights in........... X12 and Up for sure , but before that Chief had an (artificial) OpenGL Light limit of 8 , so you may have to pick and choose which ones are "ON" as I see you have X11. 

However Chief Still defaults the No# of Lights to 8, have a look in X11 if you have this DBX,  in my template plan I have set it to 200 to avoid this in most situations.....

image.thumb.png.0c5d91f6858391fc4281abf53c1847a1.png

3 hours ago, Treehouse2339 said:

I am using X14.  I have mine set for 40.  This little plan only has 6 outside and 8 inside lights.  Cameras were set for 20 and I changed them all to 200.  Still a puzzle.

Any chance one of those lights was actually a rope light?  Oob they are set to have a light every 3” so if you have rope light for example above some crown molding 50’ by itself will eat up 200 lights.  You have a chandelier with 8-10 bulbs?

• Upvote 1

Interior lights don't show in PBR in X12, 13 or 14 or RTRT. Just the way it is, don't know why. To show lit interior from exterior you need to use

It works with CPU RT but for PBR see Kbirds post below (I think I knew that once upon a time but well, CRS is getting worse :).

• Upvote 1

The is a difference in PBR when you use the Automatic Setting and when you use the "Default Light Set " , Chief has always "balanced" Interior Lights with the Sun Lumen Setting too , so it is not always easy to figure out the issue with a particular View. Sometimes as in the Recessed lights below required me to turn One on and off to Active them all once the Default Set was active. sometime Lighting is wrong too if looking from one room to another as Chief uses the "Room" ie looking from a Family Room back into the Kitchen in an open Plan House.

These examples are in a test plan in X14, I just poked my head through the wall for the interior snips....

Automatic

image.thumb.png.20da0f2120eab5394a7ed237a43dc804.png   image.thumb.png.380b1d60ba18a31bdbafe6f3221e43b1.png

Default Set On

image.thumb.png.76d31a45fe2eef9c1f1bad539bf3b11f.png    image.thumb.png.20a65fb812c6240f5a60758764efb685.png                             image.thumb.png.1ff3e009dc8234e48edb004e8c60cef9.png

• Upvote 2