Best way to show Huberwood Zip System and Advantech Subfloor

cbucks

42 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

For the subfloor, which looks like anybody's OSB, you just call it out in specs and point to it in a CAD detail.

Just to add to this good advice, you can if you need to for your material takeoff for example copy the OSB material and rename it Advantech 3/4" T&G Subflooring.  If you really were specific enough you can actually get a picture and just create it from scratch as well but I don't think I would ever see a need to actually see the advantech logo on a rendering or 3d view.  Maybe if you were doing a 3d detail or something I guess.  But it is doable.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Just to add to this good advice, you can if you need to for your material takeoff for example copy the OSB material and rename it Advantech 3/4" T&G Subflooring.  If you really were specific enough you can actually get a picture and just create it from scratch as well but I don't think I would ever see a need to actually see the advantech logo on a rendering or 3d view.  Maybe if you were doing a 3d detail or something I guess.  But it is doable.

Had a minute and thought might as well play with Gimp which I recently downloaded and hadn't tried yet.  Here is a 3/4" 4x8 sheet size 1/2 offset Advantech subflooring material.

Advantech .75%22 Subflooringcalibz.calibz

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, rgardner said:

Works great! Thank you! Out of curiosity how did you make that? 

2 hours ago, cbucks said:

Works great! Thank you! Out of curiosity how did you make that? 

Found a picture of a sheet online and used a photo editor to make a scaled continuous material.  Then just set the different specifications in the material dbx.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00767/creating-a-new-material.html

check out this article for the basics.

• Upvote 1