Curved Eyebrow Roof

joestilwell95

21 hours ago, rgardner said:

1 curved roof plane and some messing around.

you'd need 4 curved Roof Planes for this, two each side ( opposing curves) and then join them into the main house Roof plane ....make a V-Shaped break at the Eyebrow Ridge, the break each side of the V in 1/2 , to join each of the 2 planes too.  Once one side is done you can use Copy>reflect to flip the planes over the ridge tot he other side.

* Kevin's Video link is a good example actually....

M.

45 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

you'd need 4 curved Roof Planes for this, two each side ( opposing curves) and then join them into the main house Roof plane

I stand corrected but I believe you actually only need 3.  @glennw taught me years ago that you can do a single radius roof plane for the center part, but you would need as you mention the concave roof planes on each side in this case.

16 minutes ago, rgardner said:

I stand corrected but I believe you actually only need 3.  @glennw taught me years ago that you can do a single radius roof plane for the center part, but you would need as you mention the concave roof planes on each side in this case.

Yes that would work too, but I find it easier to get one side right , then just copy reflect each plane over the Ridge line and join them into the main roof.

* for that particular one in the OP,  3 may work better since it is almost a Barrel with a little flare each side.

M.

• Upvote 1