What is the top of the foundation wall....concrete or sill plate?

Ed_Orum

In the foundation dialog box, there is the "garage floor to stem wall top" distance.
Is this from the garage slab to the top of the concrete, or to the top of the sill plate, as Chief considers the top of the sill plate to be the top of the foundation wall?

Another question; can the garage floor slab (or any slab for that matter) be sloped?  Our normal is 2" towards the garage doors.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

2. No, the garage slab cannot be sloped. There are work-arounds, a forum search will turn up some alternatives.

The garage floor does not have to be concrete.  If I think I need to show it sometimes I will model the floor structure 5" lower and to be sand or gravel.  I will then place a Ramp in the garage to show the sloped floor.  The issue is with auto-story-pole dimensions picking up the wrong point so manual adjustment is required there.

2 hours ago, Ed_Orum said:

Another question; can the garage floor slab (or any slab for that matter) be sloped?  Our normal is 2" towards the garage doors.

I remove the Floor from the garage Room and draw a Polyline Solid in elevation to get the slope when needed , you can also break it through Door openings in Plan view which is another Bonus.

M.

As mentioned, a ramp or solid will do. A solid can be easier to edit but this is somewhat dependent on the user's mindset. A ramp requires an intuitive knowledge of the buildings heights / elevations and a ramp can only be square or rectangular. A solid can easily be drawn in section view using the snap points generated by the cross section lines. This way, it can be very easy to adjust for a slope by 1" increments or by percentage. And the solid can then be shaped in plan view to account for jogs, corners, or doors.

In either instance, I like to place these on their own layer so that I'm not constantly having to 'tab' my way around them when trying to select something else in that room.