Stair display

Designer1

Does anyone know how to control the stair view?  I know you can play with the breakline tool in the stair dbx but it only goes so far and you cant fully get it to disappear.  Heres an example of why its a problem in this design.  Going up to the third floor, I dont need to see the stairs below on the second floor going down to the first.  

Thanks in advance!

Stairs.jpg

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Does anyone know how to control the stair view?  I know you can play with the breakline tool in the stair dbx but it only goes so far and you cant fully get it to disappear.  Heres an example of why its a problem in this design.  Going up to the third floor, I dont need to see the stairs below on the second floor going down to the first.  

Thanks in advance!

Stairs.jpg

Set up a floor specific saved plan view and turn off the stairs layer.  Then use a Reference view to reference the stairs on the floor below only.

Going up to the third floor, I don't need to see the stairs below on the second floor going down to the first.  

If you always draw your stairs going up, then you probably won't have this problem.  If this is not what you did then you should probably post your plan or contact tech support.

The stair break line tools can be used control how stairs display before and after the break line on the floor above.  They are not designed to fully remove a stair since that can already be controlled by using layers.

stair breakline display.png

Thanks Dermot for the additional information.  Yes, I always draw the stairs going up.

Another thing I realized about "open to below" besides stair views is it also affects if you have a room that has a shelf ceiling. If on the floor above, you have open to below it wont allow the shelf ceiling room to have a ceiling on it.  So what I ended up doing was do a room divider on the floor above tracing the room below and then unselect "open below" so the ceiling would be allowed.

I know on 3d overviews you can select see floor below to see the floor below without using any layer sets with that, wish we could make adjustments without creating additional layers in my example on my first question.  I will test out some layers for this plan to get the view Im looking for.

Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate the help!

Shelf 2.jpg

Shelf 3.jpg

Shelf.jpg