X-15 Templates FOR SALE. Top of the line professional template with tons of automation and innovation

Renerabbitt

2 hours ago, vikiw_bend said:

Hey Joe - what went wrong with the X14 plans you brought in to X15? I brought a couple plans in but haven't checked them out thoroughly. Were the problems obvious?

It was almost all related to NVPs in macros for openings (doors & windows).  Also since I rewrote almost all of my user macros for X15 and renamed some of them to X15 conventions (no spaces in macro names) there were a lot of macros that were no longer valid in those plans.

If you don't use many macros in your plans you shouldn't have too much problem.  That's not my way of working.

For example, I have macros for openings (doors and windows), walls and roof planes which provide different labels in plan views than in elevations & sections.  Almost everything in my plans and layouts are annotated my these very comprehensive macros.

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

Joe are you refering to my template plans or in general?
All of my updated plan macros were written in X15...also I do not believe any of the macros I provided were problematic in X15..not that I know of anyway

I'm not referring to your template plans.  There shouldn't be any problems with plans created using X15 templates that are using X15 macros.  The problems would only occur when a Library Object created in X14 (or before) with embedded macros is added to an X15 plan.  Those macros wouldn't be the same as the ones in the plan and so might be incompatible.

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Those macros wouldn't be the same as the ones in the plan and so might be incompatible.

ah okay.
I am having problems with removing a macro from a style palette, I have yet to report it though, so I am aware of the pesky library based macro implementation

So in X15 you can select the object in the library and edit its macros by right clicking on the library object and selecting "Text Macro Management".  My methodology is to copy/paste the X15 macro content into the existing macro and rename it as needed.

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

BTW i think we have space available in Idaho, did you already find a place?

My wife is coming with me and we have booked a suite at the Hampton Suites next to LePeeps.  We have other friends that live about 30 miles north which we will also be visiting.

32 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

So in X15 you can select the object in the library and edit its macros by right clicking on the library object and selecting "Text Macro Management".  My methodology is to copy/paste the X15 macro content into the existing macro and rename it as needed.

yes but not with style palettes

8 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

yes but not with style palettes

Where was the macro assigned in the Style Pallet?  If it was in the Components you can:

• Open the Library Object 
  • Select Open Object
  • Components

and make your change there.

I don't know of any other way to get a macro into a Style Pallet.

On 6/28/2023 at 5:50 AM, Joe_Carrick said:

Where was the macro assigned in the Style Pallet?  If it was in the Components you can:

• Open the Library Object 
  • Select Open Object
  • Components

and make your change there.

I don't know of any other way to get a macro into a Style Pallet.

I fixed it, and it is a bug. If you added something to a style palette that contained a macro in its label, that macro will always remain. You have to make an entirely new style palette. You cannot overwrite the existing style palette because the label macro remains. Interesting because there is no reported value for label in Style Palettes

3 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I fixed it, and it is a bug. If you added something to a style palette that contained a macro in its label, that macro will always remain. You have to make an entirely new style palette. You cannot overwrite the existing style palette because the label macro remains. Interesting because there is no reported value for label in Style Palettes

I think I understand.  It's kind of the same as the previous problems (prior to current X15 version) with symbols stored in the Library.  What object did you include in the style palette?  I assume there wasn't any way to replace that object with a current X15 version object.

• Renerabbitt changed the title to X-15 Templates FOR SALE. Top of the line professional template with tons of automation and innovation
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, Renerabbitt said:

Link to purchase Standard Version
Standard Version

Link to purchase the Pro version:
Pro Version

includes about 5-8 updates though may be more. X-13 had 12 updates for the year 

Rene do you have a PDF copy of a project layout that used the templates that we could look at and see what we can expect.  Thanks 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...