Fluorescent Lights

tlepird

Does any body know if it is possible to create a fluorescent light that radiates light evenly down it's whole length instead of just from one spot in the middle of the bulb.  I have tried & tried to use the existing fixtures from the library but can;t find a way to get them to radiate light the way a fluorescent light bulb does.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Ted

I tried both Dennis and Kevin's suggestions last night in my house model.  I could not see hardly any change in the lighting effect from the fluorescent light in the rendered view.  It still looked pretty much like just a single source point light.  I am using the fluroscent light in a coffered ceiling design to project a soft glow from behind the molding to outlining the shap of the coffer for a dramatic lighting effect.

Thanks for trying to help.

Does any body have any other suggestions?