Hitting reset on my set up for the first time in YEARS!

VisualDandD

So I have been using chief for many years (going back to 98).   I have always looked to improve my work flow.  I was a very early adopter of 3d mouse.  Been using a modified gaming keypad with multiple modes for hotkey macros...etc.

I have not done anything different for years.   Although I have kept a current SSA, I have not even installed 12,13.   Well 12 is installed, but I never even bothered to work in it.

I finally am making the upgrade on my pc, so I figured it would be a good time to take a look at improving my workflow as well.   

My PC is still a week or so from delivery, but specs are:

i9 12900k

32gb ddr5 5200mhz

PCIe 1tb 5000/4400

3td data drive. (plus I probably have 3 or 4 1tb satas I can throw in.  (got a box w/ rear hot swap bays)

Only place I cheaped out was vid card.   I went with RTX3080Ti.   I was waiting for 3090's to come out and numbers were not worth the extra 1000 over the 3080Ti.

So I started looking at my input.  My son like to game and he builds keyboards.  So I had him build me a keyboard (which I picked all the switches I like for feel)  You will see I ditched the 10 key.

It now sits on my streamdeck XL which is the most POWERFUL upgrade I can imagine beyond the 3d mouse.   Just limitless potential.   Pretty much unlimited hot keys/ macros and amazing set up abilities.  

I went with a G9 49" and using Fancy Zones to configure.  I have my chief center weighted.  Running my Dell UHD in portrail mode (also configured as two monitors when I want w/ fancy zones).

All fancy zone shortcuts are programmed into stream deck.  I can launch and set to specific areas with a single key press.   Really just scratching the surface.

My G13 keypad is still on my desk.  Need to wait till I set up X13/14 and get all my hotkeys finalized before I retire it.     I have the streamdeck all set up to enter feet inch and full calc functions.   

This has been a lot of fun.  Today was my first day working like this.  Still waiting to finalize, (new office furniture and desk coming to better work with my new setup and PC.

But this is unbelievably productive. 

PXL_20220418_182407327 (1).jpg

PXL_20220418_021419875.jpg

PXL_20220418_182918056.jpg

16 minutes ago, VisualDandD said:

But this is unbelievably productive.

I've got a setup you would like, it's been having everyone message me lately. up to 75 hotkeys without ever taking my hand away from my right mouse or 3d mouse....faster than you could hit a key on your keypad :)
Check this video at the 32:30 mark
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.baumann/videos/385162516528311

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

I've got a setup you would like, it's been having everyone message me lately. up to 75 hotkeys without ever taking my hand away from my right mouse or 3d mouse....faster than you could hit a key on your keypad :)
Check this video at the 32:30 mark
https://www.facebook.com/daniel.baumann/videos/385162516528311

Video in unavailable.  Would love to see.   I know you are super creative and love to see what others do!