X14 Is There a Blank Call Out?

HumbleChief

On 4/18/2022 at 11:11 AM, HumbleChief said:

...or is there a way to create one? Really like the ability to display the %automatic_label% which I assume is the Plan View Name? and the scale but don't really need a circle or call out shape. Can it be done? Or marker?

blanks call out.png

In Plan or Layout? 

In Layout I use the %Layout Title% Macro which you can edit to whatever you want it to say  but am not sure if you can make it Blank

image.thumb.png.298225481b102ae07ded9a9a1fabadba.png  image.thumb.png.222c5e0323e220ade394d0b276ad0140.png

3 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

...or is there a way to create one? Really like the ability to display the %automatic_label% which I assume is the Plan View Name? and the scale but don't really need a circle or call out shape. Can it be done? Or marker?

blanks call out.png

Larry,

Try a marker (very small)

There is no "blank" callout but you can specify the Size as 0 if you turn of the Automatic size.  You can also specify the Marker Radius as 0.

This is assuming that you want the line to go with the label, otherwise you don't really need a callout or marker.  

The %automatic_label% macro will give you the same thing you would get if you were using an automatic label instead of specifying one.  I believe for layout boxes this will be the same as the view name that was sent.

5 hours ago, 5FT-20Designs said:

Make you line invisible under the Callout Label Specification.

Not sure why this advice was downvoted because its a good and perfectly valid method.  It can actually result in more refined control over the extent of the cross section line too then what you get simply be reducing the callout size to zero.

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

The %automatic_label% macro will give you the same thing you would get if you were using an automatic label instead of specifying one.  I believe for layout boxes this will be the same as the view name that was sent.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Correct.  It's whatever the name is in the Project Browser

Both statement are correct.  If the view is a Plan View and is linked to a Saved Plan View then it uses the Saved Plan View name.  If the view is a Plan View and is not linked to a Saved Plan View, then it uses the Floor Level Name.  If the view is a Camera View then the name of the Saved Camera is uses.  If the camera has been deleted then no name is used.