How to remove tray ceiling?

GeneDavis

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Zipped X13 file attached.  In the walkout basement, I did a tray drop in the game room, and something happened in the adjacent hall, causing it to have a full drop.  How do I restore the hall to a no-tray situation.

Screencap with both rooms highlighted is attached.  I cannot seem to find a check box to uncheck, and I cannot recall doing anything to upset that hall room structure's ceiling.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 112227.jpg

Wilmington modern.zip

• Solution
35 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Zipped X13 file attached.  In the walkout basement, I did a tray drop in the game room, and something happened in the adjacent hall, causing it to have a full drop.  How do I restore the hall to a no-tray situation.

Screencap with both rooms highlighted is attached.  I cannot seem to find a check box to uncheck, and I cannot recall doing anything to upset that hall room structure's ceiling.

Wilmington modern.zip 7.99 MB · 1 download

haven't looked at plan but "auto trey ceilings" do not like invisible walls/Room Dividers, which it appears you have between the two areas.

In that case I use a P.Solid with a Hole for the Tray instead, with the Room's Ceiling set to the Higher height.

M.

Tray Ceilings the Old way  PDF : Ceiling_Creating-a-trey-or-coffered-ceiling-using-polyline-solids.pdf