Buy X9 Hardware lock

Hi,

The builder I work with would like to also use the software I use (X9).

Does anyone out there have a dongal they are willing to sell.  I assume I can use the .Exe program from my full license copy of X9.

Thank you.

Rob

RWBD

An X9 dongle is no longer supported by Chief Inc or the dongle manufacturer, so you best route is to find a current user who might be willing to sell you their dongle to you. You might pursue Chief Sales to see if they might convert your dongle seat to a password instead of a dongle but keep in mind that Chief Inc no longer supports X9 in any way other than library content. My X9 seat runs on a password-no dongle.

DJP 

If your builder wants to use X9, he would need to purchase a used X9 license that is legally transferable.  A transfer fee is required and it can vary depending on whether the original license was sold at a discount (such as a second license). You might want to post something on the seeking services area to see if someone currently has one to sell:  https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/15-seeking-services/

Another option would be for him to purchase or rent a new license for X13.  FYI, X14 is currently being beta tested and will be released in the near future.  If he purchases X13 now, he will also get X14 when it is officially released and he will also get SSA which will give him access to tech support and training.  If he purchases a used license, you might end up being his tech support and training.  You would not be able to share plans with him though since a plan saved in X13 would not be able to be opened in X9.  If you need to work together, I would suggest that you also upgrade your version.

You might want to contact our sales team for more information about license transfers and upgrades.

• Upvote 1

Aye, Aye Matey. In other words, what Dermot is stating is that your original question amounts to Piracy. I am not saying that this is your intention but sharing the copy with two dongles is not permitted (except on the high seas, parrot optional).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermot said:

If your builder wants to use X9, he would need to purchase a used X9 license that is legally transferable.

Would Home Designer Pro 2018 be another Option?  I think that is the year for X9?  

But not sure if Chief will sell older Versions or if someone can buy a used copy of it?

Mick.

Hello Kbird1,

I heard or read a post about selling older versions of home designer pro or any of the HD products that you cannot sell them or give them away as it is tied to your account and uses your product key is the same as your Chief Architect key. They did that I think when x9 or x10 came out. Also it is against their copyright policy. Just an friendly FYI.:)

If you really need X9 with the dongle

you can save a search and then get an email each time a new sale starts

the seller needs to work with CA sales to ensure it is a valid license and what the transfer free is

$50 for a full seat - other seats could range up to $400 - check with CA sales

Lew

57 minutes ago, Dominic900 said:

Hello Kbird1,

I heard or read a post about selling older versions of home designer pro or any of the HD products that you cannot sell them or give them away as it is tied to your account and uses your product key is the same as your Chief Architect key. They did that I think when x9 or x10 came out. Also it is against their copyright policy. Just an friendly FYI.:)

I think your are correct  I was wondering out loud to Dermot if Chief would Sell a copy of an older Version of HD Pro to the "Builder"

but If someone still had X9 it would be worth about the same by now I guess so the Offers Forum back around 2017-2018 would be the best bet.

M.

I know that you can't buy an older version (or even an additional license for an older version) using our web site.  I don't actually know if sales can or ever would sell a version that is that old.  This is why I recommend that people contact sales if they need more specific info.

As far as other people selling older versions of Chief or any Home Designer products, once you have upgraded to a newer version, you can't sell your older version and keep using your new version.  In the old days, we used to give people a new hardware lock when they upgraded and the old ones would sometimes get sold.  Since we don't use hardware locks anymore, this is no longer a problem.  Now you have one license that is authorized for one or more versions and if you sell it, then you are selling access to all of your versions.

• Upvote 2

thanks for your replies guys.  My copy of X9 is without a dongal, it is by password, so I am not trying to pirate it. Just thought it 

would be easier for him to use a dongal as his internet is a bit dodgy (he is in the country)

Cheers,

Rob