Front Porch Double Gable

AndrewSopher

Hello, 

I am having the hardest time creating this front porch. The left gable has a vaulted ceiling, while the right gable has a flat ceiling (the flat ceiling is a 10' ceiling). I have tried using post to beam for the walls, but the bottom of the beam is not flush with bottom of the ceiling (the top is but not the bottom which is how I want it). I also cannot seem to get a flush eaves with the bottom of the beam. I think part of the problem is that this roof has a 21 3/16'' heel height so it is causing all sorts of problems. Does anyone have a solution on the best way to build this? Thanks.

porch 2.jpeg

porch.jpg

To create this you will need (2) separate rooms. One to have the vaulted ceiling...the other room to have a flat ceiling. You should use railing walls, no balusters, "Open", "post to beam", no top or bottom rail. Use a single layer wall type...with the only layer being "fir framing" and designate a width for the wall. Then set the beam to be the width of the wall. Designate a depth for the beam. 

This is an older video I created a while back...using X11...but the methods shown still work and I think will help you.

Looks like it was done in Chief originally.  Maybe reach out to the designer who did the job originally?  Assuming of course that you are trying to just model this for renderings and not trying to copy someone else’s design…

Just now, rgardner said:

Looks like it was done in Chief originally.  Maybe reach out to the designer who did the job originally?  Assuming of course that you are trying to just model this for renderings and not trying to copy someone else’s design…

It was done in autocad, although it does look like chief from the elevations. 

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

To create this you will need (2) separate rooms. One to have the vaulted ceiling...the other room to have a flat ceiling. You should use railing walls, no balusters, "Open", "post to beam", no top or bottom rail. Use a single layer wall type...with the only layer being "fir framing" and designate a width for the wall. Then set the beam to be the width of the wall. Designate a depth for the beam. 

This is an older video I created a while back...using X11...but the methods shown still work and I think will help you.

I will take a watch, thank you.