X-14 BETA Loves, Hates, Bugs?

HumbleChief

I don't know if this issue is limited to x14, but I've been experiencing my exterior dimension strings disappearing. I use construction lines for the exterior walls and dimension to them, and when I work on another view and come back, I notice 1 or 2 strings missing. It happens no matter how many times I redo them.

5 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

I don't know if this issue is limited to x14, but I've been experiencing my exterior dimension strings disappearing. I use construction lines for the exterior walls and dimension to them, and when I work on another view and come back, I notice 1 or 2 strings missing.

Auto-dimensions or manual? Auto-dimensions have a tendency to not display when switching between views. They will re-appear by modifying anything that they are locating.

20 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Auto-dimensions or manual? Auto-dimensions have a tendency to not display when switching between views. They will re-appear by modifying anything that they are locating.

For this new project, I used the auto exterior dimensions and then added a couple manual strings. The manual string is the one that will disappear when I work on another view and come back to it. Not all the time,

though.

Actually, right now I'm noticing my auto story pole dimensions totally disappear after I spent time renaming and editing them to snap to level lines (in elevation views).

One Nice find that wasn't mentioned is the Fact Chief's Interface now FULLY uses your system Settings for Fonts including SIZE............ Yah ! ........a boon as a Glass's wearer anyway :) it didn't like the FontI was using so I am now using one called Intel Clear.

image.thumb.png.e635869381a9ae7d4b914c0ae46814b3.png

even in TMM etc !

image.thumb.png.c1ed011bd8e27515d599d8f72264778f.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

So, I have to call in order to get support to a bug I'm experiencing with x14? Is there not an online contact method instead? I guess I can call on Monday if I need to.

Click on 'My Account' and you'll see a link to the online support center

image.thumb.png.94198d11433ee35d9aad783eb879f634.png

4 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

So, I have to call in order to get support to a bug I'm experiencing with x14? Is there not an online contact method instead? I guess I can call on Monday if I need to.

Normal Tech Support Option through your Digital Locker is used for Beta

X14 has been ROCK SOLID on my M1 MAX mac.  

I have tried to crash it by opening huge plans and multiple layouts links to all kinds of things.................it just keeps on going.  Thanks for the fixes from X13, Chief!!

23 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

It's not a hate but I would have LOVED it if CA14 let you walk through a real rendering with the speed of Unreal Engine 5 or other high end rendering platforms.

Do you mean like Real Time Ray Tracing? Long ways to go.... maybe the new 4000 cards will help? 

I am really struggling with sending elevations to layout.  It is super slow to resize and the auto dimensions aren't always working.  I had created the file in X13 could this be an issue?  Also I have an elevation that is "remembering" items67706386_ELEVATIONSNAPSHOTCHIEF.thumb.JPG.72480add38d705e7d785b25ac55d1c25.JPG I have deleted. Attached is the picture of the elevation.

44 minutes ago, sthieldesign said:

I am really struggling with sending elevations to layout.  It is super slow to resize and the auto dimensions aren't always working.  I had created the file in X13 could this be an issue?  

You would need to post both the plan and the layout for help. Or you could send someone a link using a PM if you don't  want to post it here. I'd take a look...

1 hour ago, sthieldesign said:

I am really struggling with sending elevations to layout.  It is super slow to resize and the auto dimensions aren't always working.  I had created the file in X13 could this be an issue?  Also I have an elevation that is "remembering" items67706386_ELEVATIONSNAPSHOTCHIEF.thumb.JPG.72480add38d705e7d785b25ac55d1c25.JPG I have deleted. Attached is the picture of the elevation.

Send it as plot lines not as a live view.

8 hours ago, sthieldesign said:

I think I have seen this in a Client's Plan before and She had accidently switched the Camera Type to Standard View for Wall Elevations instead of Vector View Camera View.

Mick.

8 hours ago, bdillard1 said:

It's not a hate but I would have LOVED it if CA14 let you walk through a real rendering with the speed of Unreal Engine 5 or other high end rendering platforms.

Yes that would of been Ideal, Astral still needs a lot of work and unfortunately Chief won't allow Plugins like D5Render either. 

Love your optimism Larry ! but I am not so sure it will.

M.

Maybe a bug.....unk ATT

When i use circle, filled bullets in dark mode (or any of the non character bullets) on the mac and also have chief in forced dark or as system, the bullets do not export to pdf or if they do they're exporting white. 
As soon as i switch the mac to light mode and have chief follow the system settings, therefore becoming light, the bullets appear and they print to pdf as would be expected. 
I think somehow the bullets are being reverse colored at the time of exporting to pdf so that they are coming out white when in dark mode instead of black or whatever color might be chosen.

Light Mode left

Dark Mode right

CleanShot 2022-04-23 at 21.36.29.png

Please remember that X14 is currently available as a beta version.  This means that you may find some problems that were not in prior versions.  Please report all of these problems directly to our tech support team so that we can try to correct them prior to the actual release. 

Feel free to also report any problems that were in prior versions that have not been addressed in X14.  The more people that report a problem, the more likely that it will get addressed sooner rather than later.

Please remember that posting on Chieftalk is not the same as reporting problems to us.  Although Chieftalk is moderated by Chief Architect, it is really just a user forum where the majority of the content here comes directly from users.  While some employees may read and even comment on some posts, there is no guarantee that any given post will be looked at by an employee.

You can find out how to contact support here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

Since this thread is getting long, maybe this needs repeating?

• Like 1

Anyone having issues with vertical spacing of their text in X14. There is so much to love about the update but all my template text boxes have grown so new plans are a mess. When I make a new text box it also has the same spacing.

Update-- If I remove the the Margin from the bottom it fixes it. It seems to add the margin to every line..

X13_X14.jpg

Edited by buildology
  • Upvote 1