Screen capture to create new material not working

tremhomes

I have the Premier x13 version and working on a new macBook Pro M1 Max.  When I take a screen capture I get the image of my screen saver not the image of the material.  Doesn't seem to recognize a photo or open web page to capture.  I am creating a countertop from the Pompei Quartz, Cielo.  I wasn't able to locate a cad file of this color.  I tried making the quartz image my screen saver and I get the capture but the image changes as the screen saver..to large and fuzzy.    

Any solutions to this?

Frank

Yes, I get this as well.

The setting "Hide Chief Architect While Capturing" minimises the Chief window, but then just "sees through" any other open apps to capture the desktop.

I now mostly use the built in mac screen capture Shift+Command+4 to capture a portion of the screen.

There are other key combinations to capture windows, menus, etc.

1 hour ago, tremhomes said:

I still have the issue of creating a material If I can't screen capture within Chief.  How do you import the mac capture to a material in the library?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00767/creating-a-new-material.html

Try this article it will walk you through what you need to do.  When you use the Mac Screen grab make sure you set it to save to a location you know where it is going.

It sounds like the Chief Architect program doesn't have proper access to record/capture the screen on your Mac. When a program attempts an action that requires certain access, such as recording/capturing the screen, your operating system will prompt you to either "Open System Preferences" or "Deny" the program permission. If you didn't select "Open System Preferences" and grant screen recording access to the Chief Architect program or the option to grant access never appeared, the built-in Screen Capture tool will function as you've described. Fortunately, you can easily change screen recording access through your Mac's System Preferences at anytime. For additional information on how to do this, please see the forum post linked below. 

• Upvote 1