Pool Coping

builtright3

Im trying to create this brick coping around a pool. Couldnt find any instruction of how to do it. Everything at this point is just built out of concrete slabs and I cant seem to get any control over the size of the brick and the direction of the brick.
Would appriciate any direction someone can give to help.
Thank you!

image.thumb.png.0eb81eca47a3d796a81a9813b44ded3f.pngimage.thumb.png.5ea967e036e60c27f12ca1a2359b54ea.png

Thank you for the great video! Im sure it will come in handy for future pools.
I ended up doing it the hard way with individual bricks for a more realalistic look. I was having trouble getting the right brick size and the aspect ratio to stay the same with other tools, such as the molding polyline and countertop tool.

Im not designing a pool, this one is existing, we are just changing out the coping and surrounding pool deck.

Thank You

image.thumb.png.372e2e8d2cbd76ed30e3be641edcfdeb.png

Edited by builtright3

On 4/13/2022 at 7:41 AM, builtright3 said:

I ended up doing it the hard way with individual bricks for a more realalistic look.

Next time consider using a molding polyline with a 3D molding symbol or a distribution path with a similar symbol or other library object.  The distribution path in particular can even be exploded for further perfection.  For example, you could use an architectural block consisting of 2 solids (one for the brick and one for the mortar).  When you're nearly done you could explode the path and then go around perfecting all the corners and such.

12 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Next time consider using a molding polyline with a 3D molding symbol or a distribution path with a similar symbol or other library object.  The distribution path in particular can even be exploded for further perfection.  For example, you could use an architectural block consisting of 2 solids (one for the brick and one for the mortar).  When you're nearly done you could explode the path and then go around perfecting all the corners and such.

Thank you Michael,
I will exsplore that a little later today. Sounds like something I need to get familiar with anyway.