X-14 Beta. Live Preview and review of new features

Renerabbitt

I've got 2 new plans started with X14 and haven't used the new features yet but linking details? Sweet. Text leaders pulled from the text box. Nice. So much more. One small 'bug' so far upon moving doorways the preview of the doorway disappears so you can't see to relocate. I'll report. Otherwise stable here.

i think the callout linking feature is huge. The amount of times I printed then realized i did not update callouts, well it is too high to count.

For some of the work I do, this virtually eliminates any layout work. The only thing left is to write the scope of work, address and some other info on the first page. maybe align the layout boxes, but not much else.

15 hours ago, Dermot said:

If you click on Scott's link above, you will see the official info about X14, including this:

Is your SSA current through May? Visit your Digital Locker and download the Beta version. You can expect to see the Official Release version of Chief Architect X14 by the end of May 2022.

My SSA expires Jun 5, 2022.
I tried to renew it but it doesnt give me the option. Is it to early?

3 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

Is SSA (1year) included in the price if you purchase "Upgrade" (X12 to X14) version? 

Yes , but if you upgrade to X13 NOW , the full version of X14 will be free too as you get 1yr SSA with it...... Call Sales and Confirm but I think you can save 1 yrs money....

M.

3 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Can this video be downloaded?
It keeps buffering and its very frustrating to sit and wait for it.

I believe Chief stopped allowing downloads of their Videos a few Versions ago,

M.

10 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Right click on the video>Save Video As

Oh great they are allowing it again.....

video seems to be loading Okay now though ....but it did stall the 1st time I tried it this morning.

M.

Just wanted to say SUPER excited to check it out.   I have always kept current SSA and never even installed 13.   I was motivated enough that I celebrated with new pc today.

i9-12900K 

32gb DDR5/5200mhz mem

1tb PCIe 5000/4400mb/s

3tb data drive

RTX 3080ti

New G9 Odessy 49" curved monitor (and will run my Dell 29" QHD in portrait mode off to the side of the big curved one.  (currently run 3 monitors. 2-24 and 1-29)

Been so busy last few years never even kept up with new stuff.  Figure it is time and PERFECT timing of what looks like a great productivity update! 

Never worried about Chief rendering  since I use Twinmotion and used Lumion in the past till I went back to TM w/ new version.

Needless to say excited to check it out.

I watched the X14 new features video today. I am looking to see what you experienced users think about it ? My impression is, that the level of editing has increased quite a bit, once again. Callout linking is great as it prevents you from getting lost so easily. Layout sheet editing is great as well. We have come a long way from drawing boards and the early versions of Chief. I feel like the level of complexity can turn you into a computer geek somewhat and keep you away from enjoying a more simpler outdoors life, like fishing and watching the sunset etc. I am happy to go back to pencil and paper, a lot less complicated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VisualDandD said:

New G9 Odessy 49" curved monitor (and will run my Dell 29" QHD in portrait mode off to the side of the big curved one.  (currently run 3 monitors. 2-24 and 1-29)

i tried the G9 Odessy 49", i found that i couldn't bare it, the Curve almost drove me nuts....lol.

when "drafting" and seeing the Cross hair and the floor plan at a curve.  and have short screen also was also inconvenient. 

had to go back to a flat screen. 

my favourite & current setup now is the Dell 42"....AND like yours...with the 2-24 and 1-32" Samsung, as well

the 42" is like im actually looking at and Manually, on table /pencil Drafting on a 36" x 24" sheet of paper....like old school Drafting....LOL.

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Dell 42"....or maybe 43" model.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

i tried the G9 Odessy 49", i found that i couldn't bare it, the Curve almost drove me nuts....lol.

when "drafting" and seeing the Cross hair and the floor plan at a curve.  and have short screen also was also inconvenient. 

had to go back to a flat screen. 

my favourite & current setup now is the Dell 42"....AND like yours...with the 2-24 and 1-32" Samsung, as well

the 42" is like im actually looking at and Manually, on table /pencil Drafting on a 36" x 24" sheet of paper....like old school Drafting....LOL.

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Dell 42"....or maybe 43" model.

Never thought of the curved cursor!   Been drawing for last 7-8 on my dell 2560x1440 which was bleeding edge back in the day.   That was what I was going to make my secondary to the curved but put in portrait mode.   

I will see how the curved works.   Worst case, my son ends up with it (which would make him overjoyed!) But you definitely brought up a good point!  Thanks.

I thought I'd check out what features I wanted compare in x14 - not that any changes in these areas were really promised.

I can open X13 and X14 simultaneously for a side by side comparison on my Windows machine.

I only have one plan but no problem opening it in x14.

X14 didn't need to convert the plan so it is still capable of being opened in x13  - edit - I stand corrected I'm told it will convert the file if I save it.

I didn't find any performance improvement or decrease in rendering real 3D with my graphics card doing the heavy lifting.

I didn't find any degradation in the real 3D rendering - e.g. more particles or darkness - or any improvements - better quality render.

I didn't find any new items in the library that caught my eyes.

The default buttons at the top that I noticed that I don't believe were defaults in X13 are - although I'm a newb so maybe they were easy to access previously

Default Configuration - adding walls windows, doors - that were my default 2nd row of buttons before in x13

Terrain Conguration that brings up a different toolbar than default. Terrain tools, fences, railings, paths, roads, driveways plants

Space Planning configuration - kind of like a default stencil like you might use in a flowchart for tossing rooms on a chart if you were starting from scratch and wanted to estimate how big the rooms would need to be - then it could assemble a house based on those boxes you've put down.

Capture.JPG