Glass guardrail over stringer + glass texture vs. wall

Gawdzira

Maybe it is different for the exterior view you are showing, but, I am not able to get the transparent look through to the surfaces close behind the glass. This image is rtrt pbr. Using the otb tempered glass. The glass pieces below are different distances farther away. The bottom one is almost 2" away. Any methods to get that to not turn brown?

image.thumb.png.36c552cc84238b2da9798fe97ad679a6.png

• Gawdzira changed the title to Glass guardrail over stringer + glass texture vs. wall

Really nice work Alan. 

I cant't help with the PBR question though. ...Have you tried changing the glass setting? Maybe to a different type of glass?

The refraction in that rendered view is probably true to the real world to some extent, since glass will act like a mirror when it's got something very close behind it. 

Observation...

The darker tone is showing up in the edges as it would with real glass. Aside from exploring another glass type/setting, how about making one of the sample sections paper thin - like 1/8th of an inch. Maybe you'll pick up a bit more transparency?  Again, I have no absolutely idea, but it can't hurt to try. 

Snip20220406_125.png

1 hour ago, Gawdzira said:

Maybe it is different for the exterior view you are showing, but, I am not able to get the transparent look through to the surfaces close behind the glass. This image is rtrt pbr. Using the otb tempered glass. The glass pieces below are different distances farther away. The bottom one is almost 2" away. Any methods to get that to not turn brown?

Lower IOR, Higher Sample rate, might need a user-added-light, consider exploding the solid and resizing the back plane to deck level