Submitting a request for a quote to the big box stores

Stingray

Good day,

When I submitted my request for a quote with companies like 84 Lumber and Builders First Source, I gave them a house plan (in pdf) and a copy of the BOM (in Excel format) generated by CA.   They replied back - "We'll let you know soon.".  I thought while I was waiting, I'd try Home Depot and then Lowes. I got a phone call back from the local HD store saying they could not supply a quote because the BOM was in total linear feet and not in number of pieces. 

So, is there a conversion within CA to do so? 

Thank you,

Jim

I am using:  
Chief Architect X13 Premier, Build 23.4.0.123x64
Windows 10 Pro (Version 21H1), 16GB RAM, Video Card: GeForce GTX 960

if you go to help->launch help and search for terms, it is pretty good a search for "buy list" returns on the first hit

Structural Member Reporting

../../Resources/img/btn/lumberspec.pngStructural Member Reporting allows you to specify how framing members are calculated in the Materials List. Structural Member Reporting supports multiple saved defaults, which means that you can set up different reporting methods for different purposes. See Multiple Saved Defaults.

When a Materials List is created, the Currently Active Default specified in the Saved Structural Member Reporting Defaults dialog is used. Once created, the default a Materials List references can be changed using the Structural Member Reporting Control drop-down in the toolbars. See Organizing Materials Lists.

There are four Reporting Methods to choose from:

• Buy List calculates the framing materials of the different structural components of the plan by counting individual pieces and matching them to a list of board sizes that you specify.
  • Cut List calculates the framing materials of the different structural components of the plan by counting the individual pieces present in the model.
  • Linear Length calculates the framing materials of the different structural components of the plan in linear lengths.
  • Mixed Reporting calculates framing materials using a combination of linear lengths and piece counts and is recommended for saved Materials Lists in legacy plans.