inserting two lavatories in a custom triple face vanity

rolowe

Make the counter top a custom top.  Insert sink.  select sink and move to where you want it.

Install sink from library outside the cabinet by accepting prompt.  Create an ellips in the top that

matches the sink or slightly smaller.  convert to counter top and select hole in counter top.

Make sure it is in the exact place you want it before you do the conversion.  Move sink into place.

Do the same for additional sinks

post-132-0-58997600-1394654146_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifvanity.jpghow do I insert two Lavatories in a custom triple face vanity (SB962232)

I  would use one 72" wide base cabinet with triple face 34" high,  and then stack two 36" wide x 2" hi cabinets (each with sink) on top.  That would  give you a 36" hi cabinet.

Never thought of that until now,  but it should work.

hmmmmm......  I wonder if the structure of the base cabinet would show through the sinks.....  If that was so,  I would probably make the triple face cabinet 4" deep (to allow for a 3" deep toe kick,  line up face of top 36" wide cabs.....  I bet I  could do a 2. 5 hour video on this....... but I won't.....  save you guys the agony.

no idea what you mean by 2 vanities in 3 cabinets.

Actually I have no idea what I am talking about either,  maybe you can show us how you would do what the OP wants,  maybe post a simple plan so we can study it,  thanks.

I suppose I should of said double vanities in a triple face single cabinet......  we all know what the OP wants....  how would you do it?

Yep, 3 seperate cabinets is the way I always do it , its usually how the cabinet guy would build it here anyway especially if the center section is a set of Drawers ,way easier to ship and install.

attachicon.gifTwo sink Vanity-1 png.png     attachicon.gifTwo sink Vanity-2.png

Of course,  that is the easy way,  but suppose the center of the sinks are aligned with the space between the doors and the drawers,  something I see all the time in as built conditions.

Scott - was just looking at your first video and you said you don't know how to put 2 sinks in one cabinet. 

I posted that above. (3rd post)

Hi DG,  yes,  now I understand,   sounds like a lot of work since i believe you will not only have a sink to deal with but also the hole for the sink.  So if you wanted to move it,  would would need not only the hole but the sink.

However the method that I eventually came to grips with was not much better.  Your method may be better.....  but maybe not,  won't you have one of the lower cabinets going through the sink....  you don't show the sink in place..... I think you will find that a cabinet will penetrate the sink......

Thanks to all for your input.  But inserting multiple cabinets to represent a single custom cabinet is not a viable solution and severe limitation of the application .  I design and build custom cabinets for custom homes.   Just looking for an easy solution to show clients a real situation and not having to use another CAD application.   .   Thanks again for every ones input

Rolowe - you can put 3 cabinets together, take a full camera overview and delete the top and other areas in the cabinet you don't want and save the cabinet as a symbol.  Bring it back in and do as I mentioned in post #3.  Doesn't really take that long.  YOU can them also save it for the future.

Here is the single cabinet with the two sinks in place.

post-132-0-12150900-1394727503_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all for your input.  But inserting multiple cabinets to represent a single custom cabinet is not a viable solution and severe limitation of the application .  I design and build custom cabinets for custom homes.   Just looking for an easy solution to show clients a real situation and not having to use another CAD application.   .   Thanks again for every ones input

I think your wrong on this, its very easy to do ,and what is the severe limitation. User error if you ask me

Of course,  that is the easy way,  but suppose the center of the sinks are aligned with the space between the doors and the drawers,  something I see all the time in as built conditions.

Assuming you mean as per image attached.....?   it would make the top drawer useless / make it a fake drawer with a panel only due to the sink.....but do-able if that is what the client wants...

post-315-0-89437600-1394776355_thumb.png

I'll log in tomorrow and tell you how.....  :)

ok ok     I use the CTRL Key > move.... easier if you turn snap grids off too...

If you use a single cabinet you can only put the single sink , and i dont think a custom countertop changes that....

I'm still not sure how dropping 3 cabinets instead of 1 in place makes the final view look any different though for rolowe's clients, am I missing something?

M.

Assuming you mean as per image attached.....?   it would make the top drawer useless / make it a fake drawer with a panel only due to the sink.....but do-able if that is what the client wants...

attachicon.gifTwo sink Vanity-3.png

I'll log in tomorrow and tell you how.....  :)

ok ok     I use the CTRL Key > move.... easier if you turn snap grids off too...

If you use a single cabinet you can only put the single sink , and i dont think a custom countertop changes that....

I'm still not sure how dropping 3 cabinets instead of 1 in place makes the final view look any different though for rolowe's clients, am I missing something?

M.

Dog gone you KBird.  That's exactly what I want.  Nice job.  I did not think about moving the sink so it straddled two base cabinets.....  too too easy.

Suppose you want two sinks in one cabinet,  i.e. one false  panel?  Build 72" long cabinet,  put in sink,  move sink to the left,  copy cabinet in place,   select second sink and move to the right.  The problem is you now have a countertop penetrating one of the sinks,  so select one of the cabinets,  give it a custom countertop and then delete that countertop,  so now you are left with two cabinets superimposed on each other,  only one COUNTERTOP, and two sinks.

Great question rolowe,  thanks to KBird for the solution.

post-50-0-49716800-1394803861_thumb.png

Rolowe - you can put 3 cabinets together, take a full camera overview and delete the top and other areas in the cabinet you don't want and save the cabinet as a symbol.  Bring it back in and do as I mentioned in post #3.  Doesn't really take that long.  YOU can them also save it for the future.

Here is the single cabinet with the two sinks in place.

I think you were on the right track Dennis,  but I don't like turning cabinets into symbols.  I like to keep them "live".   But  no matter,  it appears there are multiple solutions to the OP's question.

Actually I have no idea what I am talking about either,  maybe you can show us how you would do what the OP wants,  maybe post a simple plan so we can study it,  thanks.

I suppose I should of said double vanities in a triple face single cabinet......  we all know what the OP wants....  how would you do it?

Here's the simple plan you requested, sweet cheeks - I am sure you will love it!

I'm not sure why this needs a reinvention of the wheel but I suspect some people thrive on finding workarounds to every little thing.  Setting 3 cabinets side by side accomplishes it quickly and easily, and if you block it you can move it around as needed.  BTW the only reason I would even bother to block the 3 is so they will show up as one cabinet in the schedule.  Which I presume might be handy for some people, perhaps not for you.

post-192-0-08646500-1394817323_thumb.jpg

Here's the simple plan you requested, sweet cheeks - I am sure you will love it!

I'm not sure why this needs a reinvention of the wheel but I suspect some people thrive on finding workarounds to every little thing.  Setting 3 cabinets side by side accomplishes it quickly and easily, and if you block it you can move it around as needed.  BTW the only reason I would even bother to block the 3 is so they will show up as one cabinet in the schedule.  Which I presume might be handy for some people, perhaps not for you.

LOL,  okay,  it's nice to see that you have a sense of humor,  but you didn't have to go to all that trouble.  Nice render except for the ugly mug in the mirror.

But,  the plan was  not attached,  but I see the pic,  I don't think we are reinventing the wheel,  the  purpose here was for the sinks to straddle the cabs,  I think there is another thread going on that is addressing what the real issue is.  What you have shown is a no brainer,  we do it all the time.

Aha,  now I understand the reason for blocking,  I did not realize that,  I have never used cabinet schedules,  but that is good to know,  thanks.  

Attached is a pic of what I thought this entire exercise is about.  

post-50-0-29057700-1394819191_thumb.jpg