Different Energy heels

AndrewSopher

Hello, 

I have run across a problem and I am having trouble figuring out the solution with energy heels. On the front porch I need a 43" energy heel, the back portion of the house I need a 18" energy heel and then the gables I need a 6'' energy heel. I manually generated the roof but was wondering the ways to determine the energy heels. Is the only way to solve this is by placing roof trusses and measuring from there? To go along with that question, I am wondering if I raise my roof planes through the Z delta (in the transform/replicate dbx) is that the same as what the energy heel would be if I were to place trusses and measure? Thanks. 

Generally speaking...for each instance, the roof baseline should be aligned with the outside of the exterior wall and the baseline should be the desired heel height above the ceiling elevation.

For example, a 109 1/8" ceiling would result in a roof baseline elevation of 152 1/8", for the 43" energy heel.

5 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Generally speaking...for each instance, the roof baseline should be aligned with the outside of the exterior wall and the baseline should be the desired heel height above the ceiling elevation.

For example, a 109 1/8" ceiling would result in a roof baseline elevation of 152 1/8", for the 43" energy heel.

That is what I figured. Does that ever change depending on the attic walls at all?

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Other way around...it is the attic walls that change. They auto build to fill the space between the ceiling and the roof. A simplified explanation.

Makes sense, just have to do the math to determine heel height (baseline - top of plate height).