pink cabinet face in Ray trace

DanielleDubuc

Hi everyone!

I am ray tracing my custom cabinet. I created a material with a picture of the original cabinet doors and applied it  to my cabinet. For now, I get pink cabinet doors. In perspective views, the cabinet is ok.

I presume this comes from the technique I used to create the material, but I can't find what it is.

Also, there is some light emitting from behind the cabinet and the corners of the room. I didn't find why and how to fix that.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Morin prop 1 vue 1 rndr.jpg

I think this means that the raytrace engine could not find the texture you are using with your material.  It could also mean that there is something wrong with either the texture or the material that is causing a problem for the raytrace engine.

You might want to try using a different material, or posting a simple version of the plan to see if someone wants to look into it, or contacting technical support during normal business hours for additional help.

Here is a previous post from someone with a similar problem:

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Hi!

The first part of my post has been answered, thank you!

But I still don't know why there is light bleeding from behind the cabinet and on top of the walls and doors.

Can someone tell me how to fix that please?

Thanks in advance! :)

Morin prop 1 vue 1 rndr.jpg

Put a roof on the model or a second floor.

15 hours ago, DanielleDubuc said:

why there is light bleeding from behind the cabinet and on top of the walls and doors.

Ryan is correct generally you always want a Floor or Roof above and a Foundation underneath*, both only take 5 or 6 Clicks or you can set it up in your plan defaults so they always build automatically even if all you ever do is Interiors.

* the "Light" needs something to  "bounce off" , and without either Chief uses "Phantom" Floor Slabs etc to make a 3D view look correct in standard view even if you haven't built them.

Mick.

12 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Ryan is correct generally you always want a Floor or Roof above and a Foundation underneath*, both only take 5 or 6 Clicks or you can set it up in your plan defaults

so they always build automatically even if all you ever do is Interiors.

* the "Light" needs something to  "bounce off" , and without either Chief use "Phantom" Floor Slabs etc to make a 3D view look correct in standard view even if you haven't built them.

Mick.

Thank you Mick and Ryan,

There was already a foundation, and I added the roof. The render is better now, but there is still a white line on top of the walls and light bleeding around the door. This is more evident with the original image than in the one uploaded here.

Danielle

Morin prop 1 vue 1 -part.jpg

If the Plan is small enough  ( zip if needed to get under 14mb ) , then it is always good idea to share the Plan , so other can "have a play" or at least a small test plan showing the same issue as there are just too many variables and usually with PBR no 1 fits all remedy unfortunately. 

M.

Bonjour Danielle,

Attached is a capture (PBR, untiled 1) of the very same room as in your picture (minus some materials missing).  No changes to your plan except I toggled Sunlight to avoid the effort of correcting the blueish tint produced by your backdrop.  No bleeding for me.

Something to check

• there is at least one anomalie in the ceiling (see untitled 2)
  • the crown moldings of the bathroom cabinet protrude through the roof (see untitled 3).

There are other issues with this plan.  I mention those that may have an impact on your rendering.

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Merci CV-reno! You fixed my problem! I am using X13 since a few weeks only and I just realized that the Daytime Backdrop Intensity in the  Rendering Technique Options wasn't the same as Sunlight adjustment. I was changing only the first one, not the sunlight.

Thank you also for pointing the top wall issue in the kitchen, I didn't notice that. It was coming from an angled room divider between the kitchen ant the dining room. I added a 90 degree angle in the invisible wall and that fixed the ceiling hole. And I lowered the bathroom cabinet! :D

Thanks a lot!

21 hours ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Here is the zipped plan file.

Thanks for taking time to help me!

Danielle

Hi ,  finally got back here  and got your Plan , I didn't really find any major Issue , just fixed some minor things and turned down the Pendant over the table as you had only turn 2 of the 5 lights on the pendant down and it was too bright.

In the end the fix for me was to delete your Camera and setup my own defaults and re-shoot the camera and the bleed was gone....

image.thumb.png.07f3e7f23bc5efc23e42f2acf36701e2.png 

I did notice the odd thing like the molding on you tall cabinets is 3/4" too low at least and is behind the Doors, you also may want to make the tall cabinet on the Corner 2" narrower to allow for the Crown to wrap properly around the end and add some definition between the wall and Cabinets at the Corner.

image.thumb.png.6faabd7e8cde460abae1723328594c95.png

Plan File:  IN the next Post it wont allow it in this one....

Mick.

Thank you Mick, your help is really appreciated! I must admit that I didn't pay attention to that cabinet. I miss time these days. This is the kind of details that I fix just before my presentation to the client .

I am a beginner with X13. Your camera defaults are much better than mine for sure. The render BPR is really brighter. I will compare my defaults with yours to find the difference.

Danielle

37 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

The render BPR really brighter.

PBR                                                                               STD View             

image.thumb.png.62dd1eb0c002b2c7307c496cdde19ba7.png  image.thumb.png.06cf401635c73aabe9e56da834cb6770.png 

In STD  View Adding Lines, all set to 1 makes it easier to see small mistakes like the Crown easier.

image.thumb.png.c763c847c0f5c8d045f9f23ef1275e95.png

• Like 1

Mick, I set my rendering defaults as yours. But the ones for the Duotone are not the same. I can't find the ambient light in the Duotone settings window.

Here is what I have:

1109880355_chiefDuotone.thumb.jpg.4c921470dfbe2fc6e9287b75cf3e7a16.jpg

But anyways, if this setting doesn't have any influence on the other view, it will be ok for me.

Thanks again!

Danielle

On 4/14/2022 at 1:17 AM, Kbird1 said:

image.thumb.png.c763c847c0f5c8d045f9f23ef1275e95.png

I don't use duotone much myself but as far as I know it is basically a desaturated STD View and those controls effect Duotone too

as does the brightness and angle of the Sunlight  ( ie Sun follows Camera )

image.thumb.png.3c62911e0c812cbee29c4b2bf9da8419.pngimage.thumb.png.2779f99d45fcbb748d90522922b69fcb.pngimage.thumb.png.8d2fa4022d112ad8bf955e1dc66274af.pngimage.thumb.png.7bd96af2478fc502bc9418e736f1b927.png