Rooftop Balcony Over Garage - Read a few Articled - Stumped

A_Joseph_PE

Good Evening.

I am trying to model a rooftop deck over a garage for a relatively simple house.

Once I figure out how to get the file under the size limit I will post the file for your viewing pleasure.  I zipped this one to see if that would work

Would I model the ceiling structure (and the main deck str) as a roof that I pitch at 1/4" - per foot (about 1.9°) and land on a wall that the top plate has been dropped about 8.5" to accommodate the sleepers, decking, slope, and drop of deck below door threshold?  Then build a floor on top of that roof somehow to give the appearance of a flat surface?

There are other items on the model that I need to address, but this is the one that stumped me (full disclosure, I am not an expert at this software at all, ha!)

Kinda stumped on how to model it correctly so it looks right.  I guess I could sit there for a long time cutting/drafting a section in AutoCAD, but I would rather find a way to represent it in Chief properly.

Thanks

Rooftop Balcony.zip

I am trying to figure out how to properly model in the rooftop balcony.

I can think of many ways to brute force method it, but was looking for some guidance on how others do it on here?

I am guessing that I would need to model the ceiling str above the garage (where the balcony is) as a roof, then slope it 1/4" per foot.  That gives me the proper roof pitch, but also would need to drop it to accommodate for the sleepers, decking, drop from door threshold, etc.  

IS there a way to represent the sleepers that make the deck floor "flat" in CA?  Perhaps I could make another roof plane and flip the pitch but that would not give me the "triangular" sleeper shape?

Thanks

I wonder if you use the room structure to set deck framing leave a airgap where roof components would be add a framing layer floor joist  then manually draw roof plane in airgap and  framing then convert framing and roof plane to a symbol as that will stop the roof plane messing with the structure