Training / templates etc..

Frank11

I have been using Chief Architect for the past 2.5 years on a part time basis and now running my architectural design business full time. I'm looking to expand my knowledge with Chief Architect and making my everyday work more efficient. I was just wondering if Chief Tutor or Chief Expert Academy are worth it? If yes which is better and why?

Thank.

This might be a better question to post on the Q&A forum rather than Suggestions.

If you have not already done so, you should check out all of the free videos here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/

You might also want to check out all of the other services available through Chief Architect here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/training/

Including the free webinars that are coming up every Thursday.  There will be one on wall framing coming up on this Thursday and one on floor and roof framing coming up on 4/7.  More info about the webinars can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/events/

• Upvote 1

What Dermot said!  Plus using the Q&A part of the forum will lead to a plethora of very helpful colleagues who are sitting on the edge of their seat to help each other with interesting problems and challenges.  I know that I am.  One of the best reasons to use CA for doing professional residential designs is the wealth of the user support group.  That and CA is among the best of category for custom house design.  Unless you are doing a subdivision, it is the leader in doing individual house design.  

Like any complex tool, you need to get over the wall of being fluent in the use of the features and subtle adjustments that can be accomplished using CA.  The tutorials go a very long way to getting you to that point.  For example, there is a tutorial on using a gable wall modifying line that lets you maintain the automatic rebuild of roofs, while having different pitches. If you try to change the pitch of a roof directly, that will turn off automatic roof rebuilds.  Same thing for changing the roof pitch by clicking on a wall and editing the pitch on the roof dialogue in the wall DBX.    

Here is the roof gable line tutorial that I am referring to: 

17 hours ago, Frank11 said:

.....   I was just wondering if Chief Tutor or Chief Expert Academy are worth it? If yes which is better and why?

Thank.

Chief Tutor is awesome!  CA videos are great too.  CEA I have not used by Dan gets great reviews.  

My mantra was if I could pick up one golden nugget,  the time spent was worth it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Same thing for changing the roof pitch by clicking on a wall and editing the pitch on the roof dialogue in the wall DBX.    

No. Changing the pitch of an individual roof plane using the Roof panel in the Wall Specification DBX does NOT require turning off Auto Roofs.

It's one of the main tools for building a complex roof using Auto Roofs.

5 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

No. Changing the pitch of an individual roof plane using the Roof panel in the Wall Specification DBX does NOT require turning off Auto Roofs.

It's one of the main tools for building a complex roof using Auto Roofs.

Ahh I see that I have made an ambiguous post!  What I meant to say is that, like the gable line tool, changing the roof pitch in the wall DBX does not turn off the auto rebuild roofs.  That is a subtle difference between changing the pitch directly on the roof plane and doing it by other methods that relate to the roof. 

20 hours ago, Frank11 said:

I have been using Chief Architect for the past 2.5 years on a part time basis and now running my architectural design business full time. I'm looking to expand my knowledge with Chief Architect and making my everyday work more efficient. I was just wondering if Chief Tutor or Chief Expert Academy are worth it? If yes which is better and why?

Thank.

I offer one on one or one on group for advanced training.
https://www.rabbittdesign.net/training