Wall autojoin

Michael86

Hello,

I have a 16" "wrap around" section of wall from the front of my building to the sides for some stone veneer and I've joined the wall to the straight section as shown in the first photo below.

The issue is that the 16" long section keeps "merging" into the longer section of wall and I lose my veneer on the side wall. And it looks like image 2. It's incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

1.PNG

2.PNG

The foundation is thicker at that point to hold the stone which juts out. I created it the same way as the wall but it seems to hold steady. I've only had it "auto join" once but since then it's stayed correct.

So the main foundation is 8" thick whereas that section (where the pony wall goes) is 11.5" thick. Leaves a 1" overhang for the stone once it's there. I used a pony wall to create that section of 16" wall and line the layers up so they match up on the OSB. 

Sorry - ended up being out. I've attached an older version so the .plan file isn't as large.

What you'll notice if you go into 3-d mode is that the wall on the left side of the front already has the pony wall missing (was absorbed into the main wall - not sure when it happened) while the right side is still there. It (right side - 16" long section) disappears (get's absorbed) when I clicked on the 1st floor wall section and open the structural options and select "balloon through ceiling above". I was selecting this so that the framing goes straight up rather than stopping as I created the wall using 2 floors (in order to hang a mezzanine at the back. The image below just shows the wall section selected and then what it looks like after I select the ballooning feature. This has happened before and not sure why. This just happens to be on instance when I know it occurs.

ballooning.thumb.png.0933c086e034ec4df557a83767215d2e.png

0 - Garage Wall Issue.plan