Measurement Issues

Anthony_Simiele

Hello Everyone,

So I have been having some issues with getting my interior walls in the right spot. I will click on the wall and set it to the distance I would like it to be from another wall. But when I click on interior dimensions the measurement is different. What I think is happening is that the measurement setting that I am using to initially set the wall in place is including the thickness of both walls. How do I get the measurement to only be from the inside of one wall to another instead of the outsides of both. I would like the wall to be 11' 5'' from the outside wall but when I click on interior dimensions, it says its 10' 10'' from it instead. How do I fix this?  I attached a picture of my problem.

Thanks!

post-541-0-53398100-1394644145_thumb.jpg

post-541-0-20713700-1394644153_thumb.jpg

You might want to watch some of the videos, check some of the articles under Help>Launch help, or read though one of the Chief Architect manuals to get a good handle on how to use dimensions.  A couple quick tips though...

-Double click on the dimension tool you're using to adjust the settings.  Depending on which tool you're using, it will only locate certain objects, and snap to certain locations on those objects by default.

-You can select the dimension itself (without selecting the wall) and change the location of one end or the other to a different layer or side of the wall by simply selecting the little box associated with the end of the arrow and dragging it to where you want it.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for you help! What I am trying to do is adjust the initial measurement tool when you click on the wall and it shows the measurement from it to another parallel wall. I would like it to be so it goes from the inside of the wall I'm adjusting to the other "inside" of the other wall....not including the width of it. Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks!