Making frameless filler look correct from plan view and 3D

mkremodeling

Go to solution Solved by MarkMc,

I'm having difficulty making frameless cabinets look correct in plan view vs. 3D view. In the plan view it shows this tall cabinet as 24" D, including the doors. But in 3D view 24" is just the box, not including the doors. The issue comes into play when I'm trying to add filler or panels next to the cabinets. When I make the filler/panels deep enough to cover the doors (25"), it looks off in plan view but looks correct in 3d view. 

For reference, I'm using CA X12.

Thanks in advance for any help!

CA #1.jpg

CA #2.jpg

CA #3.jpg

CA #4.jpg

CA #5.jpg

2 hours ago, mkremodeling said:

For reference, I'm using CA X12.

Always easier to post your plan with some text instructions in plan with a leader and a bubble.
Otherwise we are just guessing at what you are trying to achieve and what you may be missing.
Also adding your version on computer specs in your signature help out a lot as well

• Solution

you never showed the DBX of the cabinet depth. The dimension used there is the BOX DEPTH same as any make would. Your image shows boxes that are 24" deep for the tall

You can show the doors in plan view by setting that in defaults and turning the door layer on

image.thumb.png.4b014715aa5112d340d889dd48273d74.png

This is what a label would look like if the cabinet depth were 24" including the door

image.thumb.png.333ef79c861e169b347961f83a785944.png

• Upvote 1