How to get window size and window number on plan and elevation? I created a macro for width and height but I can only turn on either window number or the size macro??

zowie123

Hi All,

I recall everyone talking about how to get the window size and window number on the plan and elevation using a macro.   

Contractors and window companies prefer to have window sizes in inches called out on the plan and elevation.

I can do this using "specify label" --height and width macro, then in the window schedule turning off, "use call out for label" --in the label tab.  But that then shuts off the window number callout.  

Is there  a way to get both, the window number call out and width and height at each window on the plan and elevation?  This would make it easy to see the size on the plan, but also cross reference it on the schedule where more information is listed.  

Thanks very much.  

Barry

1 hour ago, BrownTiger said:

Is Ruby an option?

Windows macros can wrap  with \n, or completely change based on active layerset. So you can possibly have different labels in different plan views. Some could display more info, headers, etc..

Thanks!  Yes I've played with Ruby with varying success in the past.  Sounds like you have a good handle on it, would you consider a screen share to walk me though it, i'll compensate for your time.  I just sent you a message with my info if you're interested.  Thank you, Barry

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

How about this:

Ah!  Hadn't tried a return.  That's good enough for me, the rest of the info they can find in the schedule.  

Thanks very much.  

I might still look at macros, but not sure why I would want to complicate things.  

Cheers & thank you. 

15 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

image.thumb.png.896b35032de51e0096e1d4287d8371d4.png

17 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

Thanks to the Macro Guros this is my door and window labels.

Egress is also capable of showing up if checked

Door and Window Labels.PNG

Would I be correct in assuming it's a pretty complex macro to get the 2nd digit to display as superscript?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Would I be correct in assuming it's a pretty complex macro to get the 2nd digit to display as superscript?

Really it was not. Michael in Alaska (Alaskan_Son), is the one that did the macro and modified the font to work with it.

If you are interested I would check with him and see what he would charge to sell it to you, as well as modify your font, unless he all ready has a font you use.