Problems with back-clipped cross sections

Benny_G

Good morning,

I seem to have an issue with the display of my back-clipped cross sections. The walls and the floors (see picture below) are just shown with two or more lines. I would like to show these parts with a fill (e.g. the white part in between the two lines in black color too). It should look like the back-clipped cross section in the second picture.

Does somebody have an idea, how to do that?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Benny 

cross-section.jpg

CA_back-clipped cross section.jpeg

Benny:

Rather than using a Back Clipped Cross Section, have you considered trying a Cross Section/Elevation or a Wall Elevation instead? Both of these options will provide more detail.

Eric

What you will see is controlled by where the back clipping plane is relative to the model.  If it is behind the walls, then you will see the walls.  If it is in front of them, then you won't. 

Also, it looks like your framing is either not built, not displayed, or possibly your framing is not perpendicular to the camera view.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear ericepv and Dermot,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was under pressure with other projects. Thank you very much for the support. I tried the cross section/elevation and this looks good. 

Kind regards ,

Benny

5 hours ago, Benny_G said:

Dear ericepv and Dermot,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was under pressure with other projects. Thank you very much for the support. I tried the cross section/elevation and this looks good. 

Kind regards ,

Benny

You may want to make sure you have the latest update for March for your X13 just in case. It cleared up a couple of issues I have having with the sections not showing things properly like the slab and flooring for example.