Urgent Leduc Alberta. Looking for designer to review and develop our plans and give us our final construction drawings.

GuyBreton

Good day,

We are looking to do an ICF build and have footings in the ground in July.  We have our plans done in Design Pro 21 but are amateurs and we need some critical eyes for our design to help us downsize and someone to put it all together for us.

Please contact:  guyjbreton@gmail.com 

BRETON New Home Layout.pdf Back Exterior South Elevation.pdf BRETON New Home Layout basement.pdf BRETON New Home Layout.pdf Front Exterior. North elevation.pdf

46 minutes ago, GuyBreton said:

We are looking to do an ICF build and have footings in the ground in July.  We have our plans done in Design Pro 21 but are amateurs and we need some critical eyes for our design to help us downsize and someone to put it all together for us.

It may be in your best interest (financially) to go straight to a structural engineer seeing as one will be required for this project anyways. There are elements of your design that are outside the scope of the building code which automatically triggers the requirement for structural engineering. Or perhaps you are open to re-thinking portions of your design. If and once you have hired a competent designer, they will immediately address those items with you.

I took a quick look at what you have so far and there are quite a few things that need to be cleaned up, adjusted or fixed.

Most ICF's I have experience with come in 4 foot length... may I suggest that you adjust your exterior dimensions to reduce waste.  And, eliminate all fractional inches for your exteriors, including opening locations.

May also want to flip the layout so the garage is in the NW corner of the house to help reduce winter winds hitting the house directly.

I am sorry but there is no pizzazz to your front elevation...

13 hours ago, parkwest said:

I took a quick look at what you have so far and there are quite a few things that need to be cleaned up, adjusted or fixed.

Most ICF's I have experience with come in 4 foot length... may I suggest that you adjust your exterior dimensions to reduce waste.  And, eliminate all fractional inches for your exteriors, including opening locations.

May also want to flip the layout so the garage is in the NW corner of the house to help reduce winter winds hitting the house directly.

I am sorry but there is no pizzazz to your front elevation...

I know there is much to fix for efficiencies and make it look better.  That is why I am looking for someone to take on the project.  Are you interested?

• 2 weeks later...

@GuyBreton

My apologies for not responding. I was actually waiting for a response in the thread and did not look back after a few days

I pretty much do solely drafting on a fixed price basis. It looks like you are mostly there. I might change the front door gable and the garage roof. But if you are happy with it and want elevations, schedules, section, 9.36 energy calc (required by the municipality) etc. i could do that  I also work with an engineer if you need one

I would typically do something like the following as output. If you need a site plan and have the RPR I can add to the RPR. If you need a block plan or streetscape I would need more information

image.thumb.png.f20430bd8803a505620bf50d025a3f5b.png

I am a Sr. Designer in the Floor & Roof Truss Manufacturing Industry and would suggest Plan Shop Inc in Red Deer.   David specializes in ICF, has quick turnarounds, and full access to independent engineering. 

Cheers