Attic Walls Are Besting Me.

Bob_Johnston

Hi - Newbie user here and I am struggling with attic walls. I think I'm pretty quick on the uptake in general but attic walls either work as I'd expect or I can't make any sense of them. There is no in between. I've even had times where I've placed a dormer and one sidewall looks right and the other is messed up. I'm sure my inexperience is mostly the problem but it can't always be me, can it?

Here's a plan with 2 gable end walls that are having issues. On the front one I simply cannot get the frieze holding to show up. For some reason it shows up in the attic wall behind it and not on the exterior. I'm at a loss as how to fix it. The other gable is just a mess with a multitude of problems.

1. I cannot get the siding to be the same. It's shows up as a mix of board and batten (as I want) and lap siding (which I don't). The material eyedropper will not work on the messed up areas.

2. I'm struggling placing the windows in this wall. I'm not particularly fond of the style/placement that I have currently but it's so difficult to get them placed at all I'm leery of making any more changes until I have this figured out. I finally got them on the wall but if I try to play with them they'll either display improperly or disappear entirely. The only way I can get a window into the wall is to add it high up in the peak in a perspective full overview and then slide it down. I cannot place a window directly into the lower portion of the wall.

3. The frieze molding is all jacked up.

I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone can help. Here's a link to the plan from OneDrive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AicefBJfAFklkSaaP8siwLO5C5Sv?e=ElQmjP

Bob

front elevation.png

Solver - I can't thank you enough for the help. I figured I'd messed something up but just lacked the knowledge as to what it could be. In the future I will concentrate on letting CA do things automatically and I won't get fooled by frieze issues. And thank you for going over using polylines for a belly band... I saw a video on it last night but was so frustrated with my attic walls that I didn't do any revisions.

Than you for your time and knowledge.

Bob

20 hours ago, Bob_Johnston said:

put in the correct siding instead of applying it

This is not a good practice for Exterior Walls in particular....... some more Tips on the Paint Can Tool are here

Mick.

• Like 1