Room Selection on overdrive!

Francois

2 hours ago, Francois said:

Suddenly selecting one room highlights the whole floor plan including the foundation. Pressing Tab will select the chosen room. I never had that before. How do I get back to "normal"?

Are you initially seeing only the outside of the perimeter of the building hi-lighted, or are you seeing the whole floor plan hi-lighted? 

29 minutes ago, Francois said:

Here is the zip

I don't think it zipped properly.  Give it another try and make sure the file is not open when you zip or upload.

I got an Early Termination Warning and the file is almost empty.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00971/message-file-being-read-is-terminated-early.html?utm_source=Chief+Architect+Premier+23+x64&utm_medium=software&utm_campaign=Resource%3A+faq&utm_content=Error+ID%3A+272004602

Humm...   It seems to be functioning fine for me.  I assume you saved the file in the state that you were having the issue. Sometime I get a roof plane rather than a room but nothing that covers the entire structure.  Could you post a screen shot perhaps ?

When you get the entire floor, check the Object Layers.  I suspect you have a Polyline (maybe filled) that is being selected.  If that's the case you can either delete, lock or move to back.  I noticed that there is a polyline that encompasses several rooms - can be selected when all layers are on.

6 hours ago, Francois said:

Chopsaw, this is what I get when I select a room.

Ok that is what I suspected you were describing but like Joe I am unable to produce those results with your posted file even with the all on layerset.

Then plan you posted (or at least the plan I downloaded) is not the plan you're showing in the post (pic) above. You're pic shows a small room off the laundry room and family room. The plan I downloaded does not.

Also your original post states that everything is selected including the foundation but the plan you posted has no foundation.