X13 Section/Elevation Callouts

joey_martin

Before I report this I want to see if anyone else has noticed. This is not a huge issue, but when I put text in, I need to know the size of my callouts, anyway...

I am completing a plan set for a small remodel (though I have noticed it on all my plans) and I have a couple interior elevation callouts. 

When the layout isn't open, the call outs don't show the page number. 

When the layout is open, the page numbers come back on. 

Again, not a huge issue, unless I put text in that needs to be moved later, but it does seem to be a bug.

@Dermot report as bug? Has it been reported?

Hoover 1.png

Hoover 2.png

I have noticed this as well. Cameras displayed as callouts in plan view from older plans don't seem to be affected, newly generated cameras do. Although I can't verify that as a fact, just an observation. 

They don't necessarily update (or correct themselves) just because the layout file is open either. It seems they need to be opened and closed. I think it might be a bug.

I've noticed at least 1 or 2 other bugs...but haven't reported them yet.

If you think you have found a bug, then please report this to our tech support team.  Please don't ignore them or assume that someone else will report it. 

Also, it's best not to try and report them directly to me using this forum.  While I try to keep an eye on these forums, I really don't have time to give them my full attention and we have a whole team of people working in tech support to help with these kinds of things.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's a bug because:

• It's possible to have more than one Layout open so there could be confusion.
  • The Section/Elevation could be sent to different pages simply because there are more pages in one Layout
  • For which Layout should the Callout report the page?

If only one Layout is open then the Callout in the Plan will report which page the Section/Elevation is on. 

OTOH, if no Layout is open then the Callout basically has no way of knowing what page to put in the bottom of the Callout.

Even a blank placeholder in the bottom of the callout would be preferable to the wrong size callout.  Although, I would rather the page number show all the time for quality control.

I have reported it.

17 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

OTOH, if no Layout is open then the Callout basically has no way of knowing what page to put in the bottom of the Callout.

Until recently, the camera retained and displayed that information even if a layout file wasn't open. In fact, cameras generated in older plans that remain in a template plan (or other plan) still behave that way while newly generated cameras do not.

Only Chief knows if it was an intentional alteration or not. As for myself, I preferred the previous function, where the page info was retained.