Any guess on my walls surfaces are phasing in and out of existence?

bdillard1

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

• bdillard1 changed the title to Any guess on my walls surfaces are phasing in and out of existence?

I concur with Mark above in that you applied a commonly thicker material to a 1/2" thick drywall layer and then thinness is causing the "Z" fighting you are complaining of. When I wish to display brick I use a "Brick 4 or 6" wall type. Short cuts like you applied are "faster" but the results are not assured, emulating how one actually builds in the field do work and are reliable.

DJP

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark3D said:

i think you have been using the eyedropper paint tool try changing the materials back the there defaults also remove the room wall coverings things should look better  after that

Thanks - I think I did some of what you recommended but I must have missed a step because the brick is still showing but I have drywall over it.   (it doesn't look like it is out of phase though).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AonCBRorVv74rGi9iyjb6dwcmDPq?e=4CHRnT  

1 hour ago, DavidJPotter said:

I concur with Mark above in that you applied a commonly thicker material to a 1/2" thick drywall layer and then thinness is causing the "Z" fighting you are complaining of. When I wish to display brick I use a "Brick 4 or 8" wall type. Short cuts like you applied are "faster" but the results are not assured, emulating how one actually builds in the field do work and are reliable.

DJP

Good advice - my concern is I don't think I want studs in a fireplace insert - do I?   I was thinking of going brick, mineral wool then drywall facing the room.

15 minutes ago, bdillard1 said:

Good advice - my concern is I don't think I want studs in a fireplace insert - do I?

Two things. One, you can create a wall type that does not have any wood in it. Two, yes, some fireplace enclosures are framed just like a wall. It just depends on what type of fireplace you're after.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bdillard1 said:

Hello,

I suppose I could redraw them but I'd like to know what I did wrong please.

Did you happen to copy/paste any items?  Dwellings?

I did this the other day when I copied an outbuilding from one plan, into main plan.

Half my walls were flashing and looks the way your photo shows.

I had to go back and redo the material of each wall and I was fine 

JSnell

• Like 1

Do you know how far away from the origin your model is located? Sometimes if you build the model a long distance from the origin the camera will do this. Also, check your camera clipping planes, adjust them to a smaller number and this could change this effect. But, more likely, the answers above are correct.

• Like 1

I just noticed - it is 2 walls that show the brick (although they should show sheetrock) and 1 shows correctly.

Capture1a.JPG

Capture1b.jpg

Just for the heck of it - I put two layers of drywall on and it only shows brick - I also tried putting the drywall on both sides of the brick - still shows brick.  Tried change the wall type to Brick  4 - still shows brick.

17 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

How about the other side of the wall ?  If it shows drywall then two of the walls are likely inside out.

I tried putting two pieces of drywall on one side, I tried reversing the wall, I tried changeing the wall type, I tried putting drywall on both sides - it still shows the brick.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AonCBRorVv74rGloyOX1RN3O7kCU?e=dwYC6v